Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Is there any validity to the report of VZW having an 8800 around April? I ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Dalton no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Any 8800 Updates?

Advertisement

Is there any validity to the report of VZW having an 8800 around April? I know the CDMA vs GSM arguement for new BB's, but I have seen a lot of rumors on this site and others that VZW may actually come through on the 8800. Besides the CDMA bashers out there, does anybody REALLY think this is going to happen this soon vs the usual year we have to wait?

BBNUT#1 no está en línea Stack level 2

What does everyone think of the rumors of a 9000 series that will be released in the 4Q of 2007???
    Check out blackberrycool
    Last edited by BBNUT#1; 01-16-2007 at 01:35 PM.

McQueen no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton
    Is there any validity to the report of VZW having an 8800 around April? I know the CDMA vs GSM arguement for new BB's, but I have seen a lot of rumors on this site and others that VZW may actually come through on the 8800. Besides the CDMA bashers out there, does anybody REALLY think this is going to happen this soon vs the usual year we have to wait?
    The deal is, that this time around Verizon is working with RIM along the way, instead of waiting for RIM to create the device, test it, then pass it to Verizon, who would then test it some more, then release it, This is why it's coming out sooner than usual. Will be nice to have a CDMA device that switches to GSM when you are overseas. That has to be hurting Verizon BIGTIME missing out on that business. Still sux it won't have wi-fi though

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by BBNUT#1
    What does everyone think of the rumors of a 9000 series that will be released in the 4Q of 2007???
    Check out blackberrycool
    Things get misconstruied from site to site...There are sites that are reporting that the 8800 is ONLY going to be launched on Cingular. Therefore, when it comes to a rumor, the only way you will know who is right, is to wait until after it happens, then see who accurately predicted it.

As far as the 9k series in Q4 of 2007, thats a good approximate guess...Probably between Dec 07-Feb 08 unless the iPhone puts a fire underneath RIM.

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Things get misconstruied from site to site...There are sites that are reporting that the 8800 is ONLY going to be launched on Cingular. Therefore, when it comes to a rumor, the only way you will know who is right, is to wait until after it happens, then see who accurately predicted it.

As far as the 9k series in Q4 of 2007, thats a good approximate guess...Probably between Dec 07-Feb 08 unless the iPhone puts a fire underneath RIM.
    The 8800 rumors maybe true....especially if you believe that the 8800 is the indigo and the crimson will be the rumored 8900. TMO needs the wifi option until their 3G network is up and running which won't be until 1Q 2008 unless you are in a large city.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Well, like I said in a thread yesterday...I have $5k that says the 8800 isn't a Cingular exclusive if anyone wants to step up to the plate and can prove funds.

DrWoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D11279

you can plainly see by the photos, that it's not a cingular exclusive.....

Dr. Woo

All the "in hand" photos I have seen are of the same model. I know that one was running on Cingular (or AT&T) and the other Vodophone UK.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

I was in a T-Mobile store yesterday adding another line to my account for my GF!!!! I couldn't talk her into getting a BB Pearl, so she got a T-Mobile Dash. I tried to make friendly conversation with the sales rep and ask about the 8800. He said that they were getting there version of the 8800 mid May!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12