OK, I am brand new to the BB world (it took me a long time). ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

dbone no está en línea Stack level 1

Another Newbie Needing Lots of Advice

Advertisement

OK, I am brand new to the BB world (it took me a long time). I just got the 8830 thorugh Verizon. I have been doing a lot of research online to get up and running. I have the basics set up. So here is my questions.....Oh, and a quick breakdown of what I use my BB for: Email (Gmail), Chatting, Internet (everything on the net, news, sports, google, movie times, everything), Myspace, Facebook, games, music and other media (I have a 1GB sd card I store my stuff on) and I pretty much make my own ringers....so here goes..

1) I would like everyones opinion on the best couple programs that are a must have for a blackberry to get me going (I do not use this for work, keep that in mind. dont need any crazy work related junk-stocks and all that).

2) What are some of the best simple hacks to get the most out of the BB? (I know Verizon disabled GPS, but other than that. Get this baby Purring!

3) Skins....how to?

4) Is Opera the best browser to use?

5) Games? I am tired of BrickBreaker!

6) Instant Messaging. I have seen Yahoo IM is easy to find and use, but I NEED AIM. Whats is the best way to go about this?

7) Any other advice! Keep in mind I am just looking for peoples opinions from here. I know everyone has something they just love above all else on their BB that may be something simple...Let me hear it

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: Another Newbie Needing Lots of Advice

1) An opinion
    2)Huh?
    3)Do you mean wallpaper or themes? If you mean skins, I like the rubberized, they are cheap and very durable
    4)Depends on what you want to do, but you have to use BB browser to download
    5)Go to BBplay on your BB browser, there are several free games
    6)JiveTalk by BeeJive is the best but it is $30, there are several free IM apps.
    7)Read Pinstack Forums daily, you will be an expert!

BTW.....Welcome to PinStack
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

1) I would like everyones opinion on the best couple programs that are a must have for a blackberry to get me going (I do not use this for work, keep that in mind. dont need any crazy work related junk-stocks and all that). Depends on your usage. Some common favorites include Beyond 411, Google Mobile Applications (Mail, Maps, Search), Yahoo Go!, Viigo, and Opera Mini.

2) What are some of the best simple hacks to get the most out of the BB? (I know Verizon disabled GPS, but other than that. Get this baby Purring! Nothing really to hack. Adding custom 3rd party apps to suit your needs is how most folks get theirs purring.

3) Skins....how to? If by skins you mean themes and wallpapers, check out that forum and you'll find hundreds to pick from.

4) Is Opera the best browser to use? Opera is a very good browser to have in conjunction with your BB Browser.

5) Games? I am tired of BrickBreaker! Try Bplay, they have a lot of good games.

6) Instant Messaging. I have seen Yahoo IM is easy to find and use, but I NEED AIM. Whats is the best way to go about this? As already mentioned, JiveTalk. Its $20 or $30, but its well worth the money. It will handle Yahoo, AIM, Google, Jabber, and MySpace IMs.

7) Any other advice! Keep in mind I am just looking for peoples opinions from here. I know everyone has something they just love above all else on their BB that may be something simple...Let me hear it. So far, so good. You found the stacks! Keep on coming back.

Welcome to the stacks!
    Last edited by LaTuFu; 11-13-2007 at 08:52 AM. Reason: adding hyperlinks
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Check out the BB Guides and FAQ section, plus some of the other sections also. Lots of good info floating around.

Welcome and have fun.