Hi there, Is there a way to remove program icons from the "Switch application" or ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

cubus no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Alt+ Esc list of programs

Advertisement

Hi there,
    Is there a way to remove program icons from the "Switch application" or when I press Alt+Esc?
    I've bunch there including PTT, BB Messenger, Browser, BeamBerry, Messages
    and few others that never seem to go away even if I pick "Close" in their main menus.

Also, does it mean that all those programs are running in the background?

Last question.
    Can I add shortcuts to programs to use it as a launcher? :-)

Big thanks!

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

Re: Alt+ Esc list of programs

If they stay open when you "close" them, they're going to run in the background all the time. (phone, messages, messenger, home screen, browser) are the ones that run on my bb from tmo. I imagine Ptt will stay up too if that's an active function on your device. to launch programs from this list, just open it once and leave it running. that will cost you memory though...
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

cubus no está en línea Stack level 3

ok, but how to shut them down completely, meaning, have them not running in the background?

I'd think that "Close" from the main menu would do that, but the only thing it does, it pushes it to the background.
    BTW, I did remove the battery and still no help. It's almost like they'd be in some kind of Autostart folder...

Thanks!

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

not gonna happen. those programs are always going to run.
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.