Hi all. I'm not new to the forums because I have been reading these threads ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

LokiUCLA no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just ask

Question Advice

Advertisement

Hi all. I'm not new to the forums because I have been reading these threads for a while now. I started following the forums here when my VZW contract was coming due. I decided that I wanted to get a blackberry but have been waiting for VZW to come out with the 8800. I didn't want to go get the 8700 just to have the 8800 launched a month later. However, I have also been seriously considering switching carriers because VZW is so expensive but am hesitant because their coverage is so good. I was thinking of moving to T-Mobile because of the value of their plans (specifically data plans) but I wanted some opinions on what carriers people use. I live in Orange County, CA so if you know anything about any of the carriers in this area besides VZW i would greatly appreciate the advice and info. Thank you.

P.S.- yes I am going to get a blackberry and once I do I will mostly likely upgrade my account here on pinstack.

saa001 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Advice

I actually switched from T-Mobile to Verizon (From the 8700 model to the 8703e). Yes verizon is more expensive but I get better coverage and more coverage than I did with T-Mobile.

I live in Long Beach, Ca and my T-Mobile 8700 would occasionally cut in and out on conversations at my residence (a place that I recieved a really good signal at). This became very frustrating. I switched to Verizon and have had a problem only once on a conversation (with T-Mobile it was an almost daily occurence). The added benefit was when I traveld recently and was able to use my Verizon phone where normally my T-Mobile would have been almost totally useless.

Another big plus is accessing email and the internet at much higher speeds than I was doing so with T-Mobile.

A caveat: T-Mobile has great customer service, but once I ported my phone number over to verizon, their service became non-existant to the point where their system lied repeatedly to me. I have not had to use Verizons customer service as of yet (I typically have very few reasons to use customer service anyway).

To summarize, I am glad that I switched and even though I am paying a higher fee, I am getting better reception and faster internet, both very important to me.

GadgetProne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

I had family that lived off of Santa Fe and West 23rd...In Long Beach. The signal was bad with Tmobile. We all moved to Riverside and have full Bars! I have been all over Orange County and had Full bars with Tmobile. I work in Rancho Cucamonga and have great signal strength. So I would go for Tmobile..you have 30 days to return it and cancel service if necessary.

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com) I'd try Cingular they have good coverage and they aren't so expensive

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

Quote Originally Posted by trigga15
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com) I'd try Cingular they have good coverage and they aren't so expensive
    Cingular employees are misinformed, and the customer service is aweful.

Verizon and T-mobile in most major markets are neck and neck as the top two carriers in customer satisfaction.

I suggest that you try the 30 day, if it doesn't work then return it.

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

I'm a Cingy customer, and data is cheaper here. I'm not gonna get into the Customer Service issues... I only have about 40+ pages on my account from calling them :-)
    AngieB
    Pin:PMme4it

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

Quote Originally Posted by LokiUCLA
    Hi all. I'm not new to the forums because I have been reading these threads for a while now. I started following the forums here when my VZW contract was coming due. I decided that I wanted to get a blackberry but have been waiting for VZW to come out with the 8800. I didn't want to go get the 8700 just to have the 8800 launched a month later. However, I have also been seriously considering switching carriers because VZW is so expensive but am hesitant because their coverage is so good. I was thinking of moving to T-Mobile because of the value of their plans (specifically data plans) but I wanted some opinions on what carriers people use. I live in Orange County, CA so if you know anything about any of the carriers in this area besides VZW i would greatly appreciate the advice and info. Thank you.

P.S.- yes I am going to get a blackberry and once I do I will mostly likely upgrade my account here on pinstack.
    I am a former verizon user (for 7 years) and I have cingular. I am very pleased with my coverage and the customer service. I can only speak for myself. I am a real estate broker and am on the phone all day long and use thousands of minutes per month. Cingular offers rollover minutes which are fantastic for me. I live in Nashville but travel constantly. The other thing to consider in the sim card is fantastic, you can switch your phone without the hassel of going to a retail store.

Just my opinon...... Good luck with your search.
    Wendy
    Iphone...what else would a MAC user have.....

swtrainer no está en línea Stack level 2

I've previously had a corporate Sprint, Verizon, ATT Wireless, and now Cingular accounts. I have never had TMobile but know of others that have. If you are in an area that you are sure has good TMobile service and don't travel outside that area, I'd try TMobile. If not, I'd go with Cingular. Their support isn't the best, but for the most part, I haven't needed to use their support so it hasn't been an issue. I live in a relatively remote area in KY and travel all over. Sprint and Verizon coverage was lousy here in KY but ATT tended to offer better connections here. Cingular has been very dependable and I wouldn't consider changing - it has been good with both the 8700 and now the Pearl 8100.

bdbrown3703 no está en línea Stack level 1

I live in Fountain Valley, CA and cannot get reliable Cingular or T-Mobile Service at my home. One block away, I get a great signal with both carriers. Verizon on the other hand has great service at my home. That makes it a no-brainer.

I travel about 50% of each month on business and have found that currently there is no comparison; Nationwide, Verizon leads the pack. Yes, they are the most expensive, but you get what you pay for. I have an 8703e with Verizon and would really like the 8800 but my first priority is not the phone but the coverage.

LokiUCLA no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just ask

Hey thanks to all of you who posted. It's nice to come to a forum where people are helpful and down to earth. I get tired of dealing with trolling in forums and stupid arguments that go back and forth. THus why I want to get a pinstack membership. Ya I guess having good coverage is important to me I just hate having to pay an arm and leg for every little thing I want to add to my account. Alas, I guess I will stick with VZW. But I really hope they come out with the new blackberry soon cause I really don't want to buy the 8700 and then *boom!* 8800 comes out a month later. Anyone know what I reasonable wait time would be before I should just give in and buy 8700?

P.S.- I will keep looking at this thread so please keep posting your experiences with different carriers. Thank you.
    Last edited by LokiUCLA; 03-02-2007 at 08:13 PM.

cradcliff no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~optus in australia has good service