Can you assign a custom ringtone to a group or category without doing it individually ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3

Address Book-Assign ringtone to category?

Advertisement

Can you assign a custom ringtone to a group or category without doing it individually for each entry? I want to organize certain people into a group or category (whichever works) and then have a specific ringtone for them. I'd also like to be able to make it private or password protect them, but I don't think that's possible. I'm using an 8820. TIA

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Re: Address Book-Assign ringtone to category?

I don't know how different the 8820 is from my Pearl, but I know other BBs have the same set-up as mine, so give this a try.

Go to Profiles and scroll all the way down to Advanced. Go to anyone of your profiles and hit the Menu button, select Edit. Whatever you assign to the Phone catagory will be your default ringer.

After saving that go back into the Advanced section of profiles. Hit menu and select New Exception. Name the Exception (i.e. "Family", "Friends", "Church"). Where it says "From" hit Menu and select Add A Name. Add as many people as you want. Then go to Phone Tune and select the Ringtone you want for that particular group.

So if you do this to everyone in your Address Book, when you receive a call that's your normal Call Tune, you'll know whoever's calling isn't in you address book or has a blocked/restricted number.

Hope this helps.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up Re: Address Book-Assign ringtone to category?

Thanks! It was a little tedious (I have about 200 names to add to the exception list) but it worked!! Thanks much!