How do i set my forwarded email to only allow contacts from my yahoo address ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

miamitreo no está en línea Stack level 2

address book

Advertisement

How do i set my forwarded email to only allow contacts from my yahoo address book? I get alot of spam sent to my blackberry that i want to eliminate. Thanks

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: address book

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Did you set up your BIS to pull your email from Yahoo? If so, I don't think you can unless you create a filter with all your yahoo contacts by name in your BIS settings.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~how do i enter the addresses in the filter on blackberry's site?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You don't do it on the Blackberry site. You do this via your carrier's BIS site. Are you with Cingular? If so, its https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

You could also set a filter on your yahoo account to do the same thing. I found through my trials that any email filtered to a different folder in yahoo will not show up in your BB. You can use a filter to send all emails except those in your address book to a different folder for you to look at later.

Zo.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yes it is cingular. Is there any special characters that go between the email addresses? Is ther a limit to how many address can go in each filter???

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok I will try setting up a filter within yahoo first and see what happens. Thanks for yor help. The spam is a pain in the butt.

Amigotek, the filter that i set up in yahoo worked like a charm when i tested it tonight. Time will tell if it works tomorrow. Will let you know, and thanks for the tip...

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I really recommend actual spam filtering somewhere upstream of your BB. I'm on hosted BES so I don't even know if it's relevant to you but they use MXlogic's spam solution and it does an excellent job. Filtering spam manually is pretty much an exercise in futility and frustration IMO -- though a whitelist approach is definitely easier than relying on keywords.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Not a problem Miami, glad to help out. I found out about that little tip by accident when I first got my BB and was trying to figure out why my order emails weren't coming through.

Zo.