How do you add your own ringtones to the 8830? I go into sound profiles, ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

bozer no está en línea Stack level 1

adding your own ringtones

Advertisement

How do you add your own ringtones to the 8830? I go into sound profiles, then I edit the phone and I can see all of the preloaded ringtones. I hit browse, but it doesnt let me go to my media card (or anywhere). I'd like to add one of my mp3s.

Thanks for any help

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: adding your own ringtones

Quote Originally Posted by bozer
    How do you add your own ringtones to the 8830? I go into sound profiles, then I edit the phone and I can see all of the preloaded ringtones. I hit browse, but it doesnt let me go to my media card (or anywhere). I'd like to add one of my mp3s.

Thanks for any help
    hit browse, then menu, then explore. and manually navigate to the memory card.

When I go to browse, I cant do anything else. I hit menu and it doesnt give me an option to explore. Maybe its the theme Im using ? Not sure whats up

maybe, i get browse, it shows media card, preloaded, device memory and if i select any of them i don't see my files.but if i hit menu then explore i get media card or device memory, i select media card, blackberry, music, and can select the music i have on the card.

Maybe my verizon 8830 is preventing me from browsing for some reason? I changed to a default theme,so its not that. Ive got the memory card in here loaded with stuff, it just doesnt give me the explore option at all. When I hit browse it only shows the preloaded folder and I cant move to any other.

Maybe my verizon 8830 is preventing me from browsing for some reason? I changed to a default theme,so its not that. Ive got the memory card in here loaded with stuff, it just doesnt give me the explore option at all. When I hit browse it only shows the preloaded folder and I cant move to any other.
    after browse hit menu and what options does it give you?

Ahhh.. I figured it out. It doesnt let you browse when its plugged into your PC. I got a phone call and unplugged it and now I have the options. Thanks for the help!

Ahhh.. I figured it out. It doesnt let you browse when its plugged into your PC. I got a phone call and unplugged it and now I have the options. Thanks for the help!
    No problem glad you got it figured out.