Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ If you just want to stop the business calls on the weekends/nights. ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

Re: adding new device to complement 8800

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If you just want to stop the business calls on the weekends/nights. Why don't you just set up a new profile where it filters out the business calls and only let's through the personal calls. Just an idea.

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

I set my personal phone to foward to the business phone during the week. On weekends I turn the forward off and take the LG personal phone with me. I use it so little the features and function matter little to me anymore.
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by pthomas11
    I have the 8800, and with my recent promotion my phone is ringing off the hook.

I need another device.

I am on tmobile...

I am looking into the razr because of the camera.

Any suggestions would be great!!!
    I have many different phones. Can you say (sick) phone addict...

During the Week I'm using an 8800 now. In addition, because I really like BB's and I like choices, I've kept my 7130c / 8700c / 8100.

For the Weekends it's really nice to get away from all that email and business, and just have a fun weekend phone, or phones in my case.

Mine are Silver RAZR V3, Black RAZR V3, Silver SLVR L2, Grey RAZR V3xx, Samsung A707.

I just looked at the T-Mobile site and here are my thoughts. They have two phones that I can highly suggest.

Choice # 1 = RAZR V3t

Now I know this is going to bring out all the RAZR haters and people that have had problems. Here is my experience. I own 4 RAZR V3 models. The very first one when they first came out, it's got about 2 years usage on it and it's been perfect.

Then when the Black ones came out I got one of those, again lots of time on it, no problem. Then the pink ones came out, I got one for my wife, again no problem. Then because I sense they are about to be discontinued (the basic V3 model) I bought one more as they were on special from Cingular (my carrier) for $29.00 The reason I really like the plain V3 RAZR model is it's really thin, and flat. Perfect for just dropping in my pocket without looking like a rock in there. Another great feature is it's keypad which is really well lit at night and has a very nice feel to it when you are dialing. Great for texting which I use on the weekend.

You can use a regular mini usb cable with the RAZR.

Not long ago the V3xx Razr with 3G came out. I bought one of those and it's fantastic. Super fast. No problem. So I have no problem suggesting a RAZR to you. I think alot of people are against them just because in the beginning they did indeed have some problems, however they were all replaced under warranty and rolling changes were made to fix the issuses. And I don't think I was just lucky, as I bought so many and none had a problem.

Choice #2 = Nokia 6133

I've had great luck with Nokias in the past. While I have not owned this particular phone I have read good reviews and a friend of mine had one. Beware that just like any phone this phone has some known issues at the present time. The hinge tends to get loose quickly and when new, the top half of the body does not line up with the bottom half when closed.

Unlike the really nice metal body of the RAZR, the Nokia is plastic and does show wear marks much easier. Again not be critical just passing on what I know.

This model does not have as good of RF performance and the calls are not as clear and warm as the RAZR voice quality. Not bad mind you, just not as good as a RAZR. However I am not being critical of this phone (or I would not have suggested it). The camera is slightly better, and takes pictures that are slightly better than the RAZR, worth noting.

You cannot use a regular mini USB cable, as Nokia is proprietary and calls theirs a "POP" port.

Finally here are the sizes for comparison:
    Nokia: 92 x 48 x 20 mm
    RAZR: 98 x 53 x 14 mm

I think you may be quite happy with either of these.

Let us know what you choose and how it's working out for you.

Cheers......

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

I have the 8800, and with my recent promotion my phone is ringing off the hook.

I need another device.

I am on tmobile...

I am looking into the razr because of the camera.

Any suggestions would be great!!!
    get the pearl, lol.

pthomas11 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    I have many different phones. Can you say (sick) phone addict...

During the Week I'm using an 8800 now. In addition, because I really like BB's and I like choices, I've kept my 7130c / 8700c / 8100.

For the Weekends it's really nice to get away from all that email and business, and just have a fun weekend phone, or phones in my case.

Mine are Silver RAZR V3, Black RAZR V3, Silver SLVR L2, Grey RAZR V3xx, Samsung A707.

I just looked at the T-Mobile site and here are my thoughts. They have two phones that I can highly suggest.

Choice # 1 = RAZR V3t

Now I know this is going to bring out all the RAZR haters and people that have had problems. Here is my experience. I own 4 RAZR V3 models. The very first one when they first came out, it's got about 2 years usage on it and it's been perfect.

Then when the Black ones came out I got one of those, again lots of time on it, no problem. Then the pink ones came out, I got one for my wife, again no problem. Then because I sense they are about to be discontinued (the basic V3 model) I bought one more as they were on special from Cingular (my carrier) for $29.00 The reason I really like the plain V3 RAZR model is it's really thin, and flat. Perfect for just dropping in my pocket without looking like a rock in there. Another great feature is it's keypad which is really well lit at night and has a very nice feel to it when you are dialing. Great for texting which I use on the weekend.

You can use a regular mini usb cable with the RAZR.

Not long ago the V3xx Razr with 3G came out. I bought one of those and it's fantastic. Super fast. No problem. So I have no problem suggesting a RAZR to you. I think alot of people are against them just because in the beginning they did indeed have some problems, however they were all replaced under warranty and rolling changes were made to fix the issuses. And I don't think I was just lucky, as I bought so many and none had a problem.

Choice #2 = Nokia 6133

I've had great luck with Nokias in the past. While I have not owned this particular phone I have read good reviews and a friend of mine had one. Beware that just like any phone this phone has some known issues at the present time. The hinge tends to get loose quickly and when new, the top half of the body does not line up with the bottom half when closed.

Unlike the really nice metal body of the RAZR, the Nokia is plastic and does show wear marks much easier. Again not be critical just passing on what I know.

This model does not have as good of RF performance and the calls are not as clear and warm as the RAZR voice quality. Not bad mind you, just not as good as a RAZR. However I am not being critical of this phone (or I would not have suggested it). The camera is slightly better, and takes pictures that are slightly better than the RAZR, worth noting.

You cannot use a regular mini USB cable, as Nokia is proprietary and calls theirs a "POP" port.

Finally here are the sizes for comparison:
    Nokia: 92 x 48 x 20 mm
    RAZR: 98 x 53 x 14 mm

I think you may be quite happy with either of these.

Let us know what you choose and how it's working out for you.

Cheers......

you are the best. thanks a lot for your information. i do think i will get the v3t. especially since it has the sd card slot.

does anyone know if it is the same slot the 8800 takes?

PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

Quote Originally Posted by husnain1
    get the pearl, lol.

honestly, i thought about that. but i'd rather spend 50 than 150.

lol.

you are the best. thanks a lot for your information. i do think i will get the v3t. especially since it has the sd card slot.

does anyone know if it is the same slot the 8800 takes?
    Your very welcome.

Yes the memory card is the same for both the BB and the RAZR V3t

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

@ PT...I have a Samsung e635 and WOULD NOT recommend it for anything in the world. 2 days after I got it 2 years ago, it began to freeze and reboot itself whenever I tried to use the WAP browser or send a picture message (but worked great as a phone until I paired it with a POS Plantronics headset). I used it for about a month then ran back to my BlackBerry.

@17oobie, I guess you didn't like the SK3 which will be my backup device LOL

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    then ran back to my BlackBerry
    Erica,

How long have you had your Pearl and how do you like the keyboard? Is yours from T-Mo or Cingular?

Thanks

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

T-Mo Pearl. The first week will be rough if you're coming from a full keyboard or even a 7100 series BB. My thumbs cramped the entire week while getting used to the small keys which are considerably smaller than the 7100's I had.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    T-Mo Pearl. The first week was rough. My thumbs cramped the entire week while getting used to the small keys which are considerably smaller than the 7100's I had.
    That's exactly the issue I'm dealing with. I'm quite happy otherwise, but it's been and continues to be a challenge to adapt to the keyboard.

On the flip side, I cannot say enough good things about the keyboard on my new 8800. It's a real pleasure to use.

Thanks for your prompt response!
    Cheers...

PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    Erica,

How long have you had your Pearl and how do you like the keyboard? Is yours from T-Mo or Cingular?

Thanks

thank you very much.

evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I have to chime in and agree that the early RAZR's left a lot to be desired but the later models are much better. For my weekender I picked up a MotoMing A1200. I lacks EDGE but surfs nice on GPRS and well, geez.. It's just for phone calls which it does very well. The best thing is is that it's unlocked so you can use it with any carrier. It's pricey for a weekender but WOW what a sweet device.

Also, I think the 8800 is fantasic and RIM has done it's usual excellent job.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer
    I have to chime in and agree that the early RAZR's left a lot to be desired but the later models are much better. For my weekender I picked up a MotoMing A1200. I lacks EDGE but surfs nice on GPRS and well, geez.. It's just for phone calls which it does very well. The best thing is is that it's unlocked so you can use it with any carrier. It's pricey for a weekender but WOW what a sweet device.

Also, I think the 8800 is fantasic and RIM has done it's usual excellent job.
    I have a friend with a MotoMing A1200 and it's a really fantastic phone. I really like the call quality and the style. Nice weekend phone, that's for sure.

Cheers...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12