I am having trouble adding a personal e-mail account to my 8820. My devide already ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum
Adding A Personal Email Account
I am having trouble adding a personal e-mail account to my 8820. My devide already receives my company e-mail via the enterprise exchange server. I have a second Outlook exchange account that is accessible via webmail. Can I add this type of account? If so, what choices in the "choose your own adventure" world of adding a personal account to my BB should I make?
My information is in the basic form of:
lastfirstletter is my username
I know the exchange server: xxxxxx.dtinet.net
Web access via http://webmail.domain.com
The stock BB can only handle one exchange acct at a time; however, if you can find a 3rd party exchange app for BB, then you could presumably run stock exchange for 1 email and 3rd party exchange for an alternate email.
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/CRC1) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1
I just set my work e-mail up this way through my BIS account, which you will be able to do as well. Do you have a BIS account already set up?
Here are instructions for setting up your OWA account through the BIS:
Select I will provide the settings to add this email account, and then click Next.
- Navigate to your wireless service provider's BlackBerry Internet Service web site and log in to your account.
- Click Setup Account.
- In the Email Address field, type the email address. Leave the Password field blank.
- Select the I will provide the settings to add this e-mail account option, then click Next.
- Depending on the email environment, do one of the following:
- Select This is a work email account, then click Next.
If the This is a work email account option is selected, complete these steps:
- Click Next.
- Select I will provide the settings to add this email account if you access the account using POP or IMAP settings. Click Next.
- Type the messaging server name, the user name, and the correct password (Microsoft Outlook Web Access URL and Mailbox Name for a Microsoft Outlook Web Access account) in the appropriate fields. Click Next.
Microsoft Outlook Web Access
If the following message is displayed, the integration is complete. Click OK.