I am having trouble adding a personal e-mail account to my 8820. My devide already ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

matttammy99@yah no está en línea Stack level 1

Adding A Personal Email Account

Advertisement

I am having trouble adding a personal e-mail account to my 8820. My devide already receives my company e-mail via the enterprise exchange server. I have a second Outlook exchange account that is accessible via webmail. Can I add this type of account? If so, what choices in the "choose your own adventure" world of adding a personal account to my BB should I make?

My information is in the basic form of:

first.m.last@domain.com
    password
    lastfirstletter is my username
    I know the exchange server: xxxxxx.dtinet.net
    Web access via http://webmail.domain.com

Please advise.

Mortgage_Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    The stock BB can only handle one exchange acct at a time; however, if you can find a 3rd party exchange app for BB, then you could presumably run stock exchange for 1 email and 3rd party exchange for an alternate email.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/CRC1) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I just set my work e-mail up this way through my BIS account, which you will be able to do as well. Do you have a BIS account already set up?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Here are instructions for setting up your OWA account through the BIS:

1. Navigate to your wireless service provider's BlackBerry Internet Service web site and log in to your account.
    2. Click Setup Account.
    3. In the Email Address field, type the email address. Leave the Password field blank.
    4. Select the I will provide the settings to add this e-mail account option, then click Next.
    5. Depending on the email environment, do one of the following:

• Select This is a work email account, then click Next.
    Select I will provide the settings to add this email account, and then click Next.

1. Click Next.
    If the This is a work email account option is selected, complete these steps:
    1. Select I will provide the settings to add this email account if you access the account using POP or IMAP settings. Click Next.
    2. Type the messaging server name, the user name, and the correct password (Microsoft Outlook Web Access URL and Mailbox Name for a Microsoft Outlook Web Access account) in the appropriate fields. Click Next.

3. Microsoft Outlook Web Access

If the following message is displayed, the integration is complete. Click OK.