is this possible? I seem to see that only Outlook in syncable!... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3

Act and BB8800 sync

Advertisement

is this possible? I seem to see that only Outlook in syncable!

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Act and BB8800 sync

It is possible to use ACT but RIM does not support it. Have not found a work around yet but still looking.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Hope this helps:
    ACT!® stores all its information in a single database. Therefore, when synchronizing each BlackBerry device application, select the same database file.
    Note: The following instructions apply when ACT! is installed on the local hard drive with reference to a local copy of the database. However, ACT! might also be shared on a network, allowing multiple users to access the same database. When the database is shared, you must create filters to prevent receiving other users' information on the BlackBerry device. For help with creating filters to allow multiple users to synchronize with a shared database, see KB-01244.

Procedures

Configure a BlackBerry device application to synchronize with ACT!.
    1. Connect your BlackBerry device to your personal computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Enter your password if prompted.
    2. Double-click Intellisync or Synchronize, depending on the version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    3. Click Configure PIM or select theConfiguration tab and click Configure Synch, depending on the version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    4. In the Handheld Configuration window, select the application you want to synchronize with ACT!. If you want to synchronize more than one application with ACT!, repeat steps 4 through 8 for each application.
    5. Click Choose.
    6. In the Choose Translator window, select ACT! from the Available Translators list.
    7. Click Browse to select the database. An ACT! database has the extension .dbf. The following are the default locations, though yours may differ:
      • For ACT! 4.0 and subsequent upgrades, the default location isC:\Program Files\Symantec\ACT\Database
      • For ACT! 5.0, 6.0 or 2000 (if it was not installed over a previous version or to a user-defined location), if you are using Windows 2000 or XP the default location is C:\My Documents\ACT\Database. If you are using Windows 2000 or XP, the default location is C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\My Documents\ACT\Database
    8. Click OK to close the window.
    9. If you want to synchronize another BlackBerry device application with ACT!, repeat steps 4 through 8.

Additional Information

BlackBerry Desktop Manager versions 3.5 and 3.6 support synchronization of contacts, calendar, and tasks with ACT! 4.0.2 and ACT! 2000.
    BlackBerry Desktop Manager version 4.0 and later supports synchronization of contacts, calendar, and tasks with ACT! 6.0.
    Currently, Intellisync synchronization software does not support ACT! 2005.

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3

Hayden,
    you're the best! I will try this later today!
    Happy Cinqo de Mayo!