Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey fellow Stackers....my first post, so please bear with me.... I have an 8830 with ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

salth20nut no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    313BF046

Question Accessing my SD card with Roxio

Advertisement

Hey fellow Stackers....my first post, so please bear with me....

I have an 8830 with the 4.2 OS and have a 2G mico SD for videos and music.....Ive formatted the card, but it seems that everytime I sync or re-boot (batt pull), it asks me to re-format it again...Sprint BB hel desk didnt understand that and thought, as did I, that maybe until I had media on it, it would require re-formatting...%-) any thoughts??

This brings me to ?#2....based on the above, I tried to import some small videos and an MP3 or two to put the card to see if my above theory was correct, but everytime I tried to sync and add these files, it said my memory was too small..Im assuming it wasnt seeing the SD card at that point. Yes, I did have Mass Storage turned on and the card was "formatted at that time"....so perhaps I'm just not using Roxio media manager correctly, I dunno....

Ive read the FAQ's and guides and I cant seem to find something on this issue...

Any help would be greatly appreciated....:-)

Thanks a bunch...

Robb

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Accessing my SD card with Roxio

can you browse the SD card from your computer?
    If so, do you have this folder tree:
    Mediacard
    |- Blackberry
    |-music
    |-pictures
    |-ringtones
    |-videos

When I got a SD card, I formated it in my laptop, and copied the content from the old media card to my new one. So I never had to format the card in my phone.

I've never used roxio, just drag and drop to the media card.

PIN/ID
    313BF046

I assume you mean when its connected during a sync...the only way I know how to do that though is thru Roxio...is there another way???
    How do you drag and drop right to the card then?? (unless you have the card out an in an addapter reader)...is that it??
    Thanks....

Atleast its an option on my pearl.
    In options -> advanced options -> media card, hit menu button, choose: Enable mass storage mode.

the SD card will then popup as a removable device at your computer (in My Computer).

Just browse to the correct folders and copy the files inn here..

Don't know for sure if its the same for 8830, but I would believe so

PIN/ID
    313BF046

Sci,
    Thanks....I have all those same screens and features and Ive turned them on, but when I try using Roxio, I dont see where I have an option to load onto the SD vs. device memory.....
    Thanks again,
    Robb

ka7gzr no está en línea Stack level 1

Make sure the BB Media Card has a different drive than others previously assigned. If the BB Media Card is using a drive letter already assigned in the PC it will not "see" it in DM Roxio. You will only see device memory and not the Media Card. Always use the same USB port and assign the BB Media Card a unique drive letter by:
    Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Storage>Disk Management
    You should see the BB Media Card as a Removable Disk. Right click on it and select "Change Drive Letters and Paths" Assign a unique drive letter to it (like "X") and save. Now try DM Roxio.
    Good Luck!
    Jim

PIN/ID
    313BF046

Jim,
    Thanks..Never thought of that....I may be missing a simple part to all this...Am I "supposed" to be removing the SD card and using the adapter to insert it into my PC, loading the files I want on it and "then" re-installing it?? or should I be able to drag and drop from Roxio???
    Thanks,
    Robb

I would say, use the adapter, insert to PC, copy the files without roxio.. and place it back in the phone..

Its much faster and atleast its a workarround for you

Roxio isn't that much of a application.. but its bundled.. so we've gotta make the best of it.. hehe

PIN/ID
    313BF046

Looks like thats my best bet....I'll give that a shot and let ya know...:-)
    Thanks again all!
    Robb

PIN/ID
    313BF046

Well, Naturally, a problem has arisen with this latest try....my "up till now" bullet proof, "does whatever I want" desktop, all of a sudden wont see my 2GB micro SD card when its in the adapter.....in fact it sees nothing so I cant tell what drive letter is got asigned to. My desktop does go thru a little "searching for files" type action for a few minutes (flashlight swaying back and forth) and then it just stops....So it appears to recognize that I inserted the card/adapter, but it doesnt do anything with it....This may be off topic at this point and I apoligize if so...
    Thanks,
    Robb

ka7gzr no está en línea Stack level 1

Do you see it when you access Disk Management as I described above?

PIN/ID
    313BF046

Nope, I didnt try that....I just hit Window/E and went to the drives....I usually see stuff there, like the SD card from my digital camera...Ill try your way and get back to ya...Thanks!

PIN/ID
    313BF046

Jim,

I tried to re-assign the drive letter using Disk Management like you said but the SD card does not show up in the list....its as if my PC doesnt read it....The odd part is, when I put it in the card reader, the light changes green and it looks as though its being read...autoplay kicks on and it does the little swinging flashlight search, and then nothing....Im confused as hell with this one...When I put in my SD card from my digital camera, it pops right up as Drive J or something....this is the first one Ive had do this....

Could it be the card or adapter are no good???

Thanks

Robb

IRDanielC no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sci-Tek View Post
    Atleast its an option on my pearl.
    In options -> advanced options -> media card, hit menu button, choose: Enable mass storage mode.

the SD card will then popup as a removable device at your computer (in My Computer).

Just browse to the correct folders and copy the files inn here..

Don't know for sure if its the same for 8830, but I would believe so

Im having the same problem as salth20nut and I tried to follow these instructions but when I click menu i dont get the option to enable USB mass storage

LegalPrincess no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A4AE92

Quote Originally Posted by IRDanielC View Post
    Im having the same problem as salth20nut and I tried to follow these instructions but when I click menu i dont get the option to enable USB mass storage

I don't get that option either... I'm on a 8830.

Jen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast