Ok just got the 8830 and I have two questions as I'm moving from the ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

rebeccam no está en línea Stack level 1

8803 Questions --- Unlock keypad - bring up screen - music

Advertisement

Ok just got the 8830 and I have two questions as I'm moving from the 8703

When the phone is locked, I liked with the 8703 that I could just click 'unlock' but it seems like with this phone I have to do the "* and answer" combo.....is that right? I tried playing around in options but couldn't find a way to change this.

Second...
    When the phone's screen goes black, I'm used to bringing it up by rolling the trackball. It seems that rolling the 'mouse' doesn't do this and I have to touch the keypad.

Again...anyway to change this feature?

Edited: excuse the model number, simple typo

oh and a last question. I have music on my computer but it is all within iTunes....any quick tutorial on how to carry this over to the BB (I realize I need to link it up through the desktop manager and am comfortable with that but my question is more, how do I format these files to carry over to the bb)

THANKS!

rebeccam no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 9703 Questions --- Unlock keypad - bring up screen - music

anyone....anyone?

TreBlack7 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 9703 Questions --- Unlock keypad - bring up screen - music

Hey I just made the same transition a couple of weeks ago.....Not sure if there is a way around he unlock by (* + SEND) issue may require expert feedback. I've gotten used to making the screen backlight active again by using the SPACE key or Power button...There may be an option to use the trackball but I'm not aware of it.

The BB can handle pretty much any format that you with iTunes uses EXCEPT AAC! You can either use the Roxio Media Manager that comes with the BB Desktop Manager or you can just drag mp3 files into phone Media Card folder when mass storage mode is enabled on your phone and it's connected to your PC.