I had to return my first 8830 2 weeks ago and get a new one ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

theturk no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

8830 Interesting pixel issue

Advertisement

I had to return my first 8830 2 weeks ago and get a new one due to an interesting problem as follows:
    Any 320x240 jpg image I transferred to the device (via e-mail) worked perpectly initially. However, after a short time (a day), all images start loosing certain primary color, usually red, or blue, on the bottom right corner of the screen, in no bigger than 2mmx2mm, area perfectly square sized and decolorized as someone worked on them with photoshop.

Initally, I and Verizon tech support believed this to be a hardware issue. After getting the second device, again I transferred the same images into new device. They showed perfectly initially again, until next day, same perfect square decolorization occured again. I am also able to see decolorization in proportionally in thumb-nail views in BB image viewer. So, it looks like, some software bug is corrupting jpeg's in 8830.

If you have 8830, transfer some 320x240images and test it. Try to use reddish, orage color wallpaper to see it better. I do not bother to call verizon for this, as it will be futile attempt resulting me sending the device back and cancel my BB service. i dont want to do that for this small but interesting problem.
    Last edited by theturk; 07-28-2007 at 03:10 AM.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: 8830 Interesting pixel issue

sounds very interesting hopefully someone else may be able to further trouble shoot this. havent heard of anyone having this issue
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16

I have not seen that either and I hope I do not. How were the Verizon reps you worked with and how long had you owned that phone?

theturk no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

The phone is new, I can actually return or exchange, bur to reconfig will be hell all over again. It is not worthed to deal with corporate dumbness. I wil suck it up. not a huge deal. interesting issue though.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Have you tried loading different images? You said you loaded the same images, maybe thats the problem.