Hi all. Since Thursday morning I can't receive calls. Callers will get forwarded straight to ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

rws381 no está en línea Stack level 2

8820 Won't Ring

Advertisement

Hi all. Since Thursday morning I can't receive calls. Callers will get forwarded straight to voicemail. I do get the missed call notification for each missed call. I have tried pulling the battery and put my SIM an an old phone and calls did come through.

I'm on AT&T and running OS 4.5.0.110. BES, BIS, other data and SMS are all working perfectly.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on here? Its quite strange and frustrating.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    It could be an ATT tower issue, it could be that your IMEI is not loaded in their system(should not matter but they claim it makes a difference in call quality). Where my dad lives he has this same issue a lot and they claim that they towers combined with poor signal strength in parts of his house(its rock on most of the outside and 2-story) cause his issue. Dunno if that helps or not but I would start there with an ATT tier @ rep, in tech support and go from there. I also might try resending your sevice books to the phone which tech can do or you can do by logging into your BIS login.

You can find it here:

http://www.wireless.att.com/business...blackberry.jsp

Go down about halfway and click on setup BIS(Blackberry Internet Service) email

Hope this helps. . . .
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Thanks for the reply. I have tried sending service books and it hasn't helped =/ My signal strength is usually pretty solid so I don't think it is a signal issue. I'll try talking to a level 2 rep today, the ones I spoke with yesterday didn't have a clue. They were terrible.

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Sometimes what you have to do, is say thanks, hang-up, then call back. It works better than getting mad and hanging up on them, because they note the account badly, and then its hard to get help.

Note: You get more bees with honey than vinegar

Hope this helps
    ~via BB Peari ~

Well fortunately things are working properly now. It started working again just as randomly as it quit working. Maybe it was a network problem or something. Hopefully everything will keep working.
    ~via smartphone~

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Glad you got it worked out.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!