I have bought an 8820 on Orange and I am having problems installing any apps. ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Hamish Jnr no está en línea Stack level 1

8820 on Orange UK

Advertisement

I have bought an 8820 on Orange and I am having problems installing any apps. I cannot install google maps or BB maps as they both come back with errors both as DM and OTA installs.

I then tried to install a number of the free downloads via DM and every time I get to kocate the alx file the response from DM is that not recognised software for your device was found.

I appreciate I am probably being dense but does anyone have a clue as to what might be wrong. Also can i delete the vendor file without having a version of the OS (4.2.2.124)

Thanks in advance

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: 8820 on Orange UK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    It sounds like your BB is on a corporate BES and your company has disallowed the installation of software via a BB policy.

Hi and thanks for the reply. Sadly I am running BIS and it has never been near a company BES so it cannot be that one. Anyone got any ideas?

Groovy no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i ve got 8820 from Orange FR
    You don't need BBmap, Gmap is better, but if you really want it you need to uninstall BBmap, modify blackberry.alx, run DM and hard boot your device
    It should work

amoroso511 no está en línea Stack level 3

Hi If you are in UK why not using Telenav for a mere Ł5- a month and it is far superior to any other free maps. It talks and maps your way. I am using it on a trial period and I am very happy with it.

Thanks for the reply groovy. I thought you could only modify the blackberry.alx file if you had a copy of the os on your pc. I have treid to find version 4.2.2.124 for download but cannot get it anywhere

Bigberry no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID