I have a new 8820 from Orange UK - do you mind if I ask ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

aloening no está en línea Stack level 1

8820 newbie

Advertisement

I have a new 8820 from Orange UK - do you mind if I ask some stupid questions?

1. I am trying to load an application (to make Skype work on the WiFi). I get the 'No additional applications for your device were found' error. What I see on the desktop Manager is that there are 0K memory available for applications. I have an 8GB card in the 8820, it seems to have 7.6GB free space. All the tutorials show screens with lots of application memory available - what do I do next?

2. I have set up 2 personal e-mail accounts with BIS. I get some message but it seems not all are sent to the BB. Again any ideas why this is?

3. Does anyone know how to use the GPS with Orange?

Thanks

bsteenkamp no está en línea Stack level 1
    Where are you getting the Skype application from? It could be that Skype does not yet support your software version. I've found this with apps written for 4.2.xx whilst my 8800 is on 4.1.xx.
    At the main screen, hold down ALT and type LGLG. Then open the context menu and choose to Clear Log. That should get you some memory back.
    Next, remove any unwanted apps, including any sample videos you might have inherited.
    The memory card is typically used seperately from the 64MB installed on the device itself. Try removing any languages you don't use, I found about 20 in total. Just don't remove english
    It's unusual that your device has no memory left

aloening no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the reply - I found the solution; The version of the BB Desktop Manager supplied with the BB from Orange does not work. I downloaded the latest from the BB web site (which by the way is 209MB and the BB site is veeeeeery slow) and it works fine.