I've had my 8820 for a few weeks now, and my battery life is going ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question 8820 Battery Life/CX-2 vs. 8800 with ASP

Advertisement

I've had my 8820 for a few weeks now, and my battery life is going down. I now get just about a day out of it, when I initially got about 3 days. I 'trained' it per my salesperson's instructions (letting it go all the way down for at least 7 or 8 charges) and don't do a lot of battery draining things as I understand them. I rarely use wifi, only use bluetooth for maybe 20 minutes a day, if that, don't talk on it a lot, don't play around with it that much, yet it seems to be going down. Does anyone have any ideas?

Also, I've thought of getting a backup battery but have seen two different ones that are supposed to work with it (both made my Blackberry). One is the one that's in it (CX-2), and the other is listed as a high capacity battery with ASP technology (Blackberry 8800 battery with ASP Technology is how it's listed on blackberrystuff.com). I'd rather buy the one with ASP technology if it has a higher capacity, as it says it has a feature that prevents overcharging (my salesperson said the cx-2 can be overcharged and should be taken off the charger as soon as it's charged)...but I can't find specs on the cx-2 to see what its capacity is.
    Thanks in advance.

bbueding no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: 8820 Battery Life/CX-2 vs. 8800 with ASP

according to Verizon the CX2 battery in the 8830 is 1400mh, you can buy a backup battery from Seidio which is 1600mh and fits the phone perfectly, it gives you a little better life than the one that comes with the phone.