I am running an 8820 with newly updated 4.5 software from the Vodafone download on ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

gregnm369 no está en línea Stack level 1

8820 4.5 HTML e-mail not working

Advertisement

I am running an 8820 with newly updated 4.5 software from the Vodafone download on the T-Mobile USA network. Everything looks to have gone smoothly, but I am not getting the HTML over e-mail... it still looks as ugly as with 4.2! Is there a setting that I'm missing somewhere? Thanks guys!

Spencer_Moore no está en línea Stack level 1
    log into ur bis/bes account and either delete the accout and reset it up or resend service books i perosnally jstu started clean but idk its kinda a hastle to do

gotcha, will try!

kjbmax77 no está en línea Stack level 3
    note it doesnt always require deleting/readding account to BIS, usually only need to delete email service books (cmime) and resend from BIS.

Spencer_Moore no está en línea Stack level 1
    i know i should have clarified that...my b

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Erm...might have had him check the setting first? In the inbox of your bis account, hit the menu, select Options, then Email Settings - make sure Enable HTML Email is set to Yes.

THANK YOU! That was the trick.

MrTMobile no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8820 4.5 HTML e-mail not working

I have an 8820 with T-Mobile in South Carolina. I have done it all in my attempt to get HTML email functionality with OS 4.5.0.81(108). I have tried every possible thing that is out there that has been offered and suggested in this forum and in others to get my email to render in HTML and it just isn't happening. I have reinstalled the 4.5 OS no less than 6 times, (both East Asian and Rogers), the email settings are correct, I have deleted and resent the service books, I have deleted the email account and the Blackberry Internet Service account as well as deleted and resent the service books and reregistered the BIS. Still no HTML email. Does anyone have a clue as to what is going on with my phones ability to render the email in rich HTML?
    Last edited by MrTMobile; 11-08-2008 at 05:08 PM.

MrTMobile no está en línea Stack level 1

8820 4.5 HTML e-mail is now working for me!

I finally have found success! The only thing that I did not try seems to have solved my no HTML email issue. I went into the BIS email set up area where it says "Change Device". I re-entered my PIN and IMEI numbers like I was loading an entirely new device. I also once again deleted my Blackberry Internet Service service book along with my email service books. I resent the service books and registered the Host Routing Table. I now finally have HTML email!

kiz88 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30EE1366
    This worked for my Curve 8330, Thanks!
    Blackberry 9630, FTW and Palm Treo's!

londel no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Needed new sim card for html

I brought a new sim card and the html problem was solved for me. The html option was never in the email settings. I did every trick on the site to get it to work with no luck. Then I went to the tmobile store and picked up a new sim then the html magical appeared. My sim was about 3 years old.