Hi all, I installed a new app on my BB last night (I was trying ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

nmcgregor no está en línea Stack level 1

8803e constantly restarting after 5 seconds

Advertisement

Hi all,

I installed a new app on my BB last night (I was trying to install an IM+ demo) and I think I got close to the max memory of the device. Actually, the app never finished downloading. Now the device just keeps on starting up for about 5 seconds and then turns off and starts over again. I can't get into my BB!!! This is a major problem as you can imagine. Any ideas? Is there a way to force a restart in some sort of "safe mode" to delete some apps. I also have a backup so I could also wipe the device if that was possible from the desktop software or through another app.

Thanks,

Nick

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: 8803e constantly restarting after 5 seconds

nmcgregor

First see if the BB can be reconized by your desktop Manager. If so please go to app loader and see if it show the app you just installed if so try to remove it. If DM does not responde then try to connect again to DM with the battery out of the phone. Here is a link that will help you further in doing a OS reinstall

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...connected.html

DanU no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3011DF51

Re: 8803e constantly restarting after 5 seconds

nmcgregor is right, if that doesn't work it's toast but should be able to be replaced under RIM's RMA process. Talk to your dealer if that's the case. Good luck!