I'm sorry, but I have to say it...This is a joke and a ripoff. Look ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

8800's on eBay

Advertisement

I'm sorry, but I have to say it...This is a joke and a ripoff.

Look at the end dates people...They end the day before it launches on Cingular...And people are bidding upwards of $1200?

Are you serious?

All these people are going to do is go to Cingular, buy the device outright, fedex or priority mail it to you, then send you the unlock code via email or phone the next day when you get it (because they will have to wait for cingular to send them the unlock code).

I'm sorry, but I hope that NO Pinstacker is bidding or is the high bidder on these auctions.

I especially like some of the comments the sellers are making:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Blackberry-8...QQcmdZViewItem
    This one...Look at this question:
    Q: How much to end this auction and ship via fedex overnight? would like delivery wednesday if possible

A: I cannot end the auction early, it is against Ebay rules. There was a buy it now feature available for $1200 when the auction started, but when the first..

Yeah right...you CAN'T end the auction early because you DON'T HAVE THE DEVICE YET and you WON'T have the device until it launches on the 21st. Don't BS people by saying it's against Ebay rules. (And its too bad I forgot my ebay log in or I would post that in the comments section).

The other person who was selling one with the Camera and WiFi listed never responded to the email I send either...Hmmm...Funny how people run and tuck their tails and don't respond when they are called out.

Guys...Bottom line...The Ebay sellers are in a way scamming you...You're not going to get your device early...You're not going to get the camera version...You're not going to get the WiFi version...

You might as well save yourself a few hundred dollars and just go the Cingular store on Tuesday and get it yourself.

Unless you don't want to go to the Cingular store and still want the device, I will sell it to you for $850 unlocked and you will have it on Wednesday unlocked and ready to go...You have my email addy if you want to go that route.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: 8800's on eBay

Sage advice N8!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Bottom line - the ebay offers for 8800's are a complete con. They are fraudulent. You are wasting yor time & money by even reading these listings.

If you really want a new 8800 there is only one way, get to your local Cingular store the moment the become available. In the beginning there will not be any special deals. There is simply too much demand.

via BB 7130c (wap.pinstack.com)~

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    I'm sorry, but I have to say it...This is a joke and a ripoff.

Look at the end dates people...They end the day before it launches on Cingular...And people are bidding upwards of $1200?

Are you serious?

All these people are going to do is go to Cingular, buy the device outright, fedex or priority mail it to you, then send you the unlock code via email or phone the next day when you get it (because they will have to wait for cingular to send them the unlock code).

I'm sorry, but I hope that NO Pinstacker is bidding or is the high bidder on these auctions.

I especially like some of the comments the sellers are making:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Blackberry-8...QQcmdZViewItem
    This one...Look at this question:
    Q: How much to end this auction and ship via fedex overnight? would like delivery wednesday if possible

A: I cannot end the auction early, it is against Ebay rules. There was a buy it now feature available for $1200 when the auction started, but when the first..

Yeah right...you CAN'T end the auction early because you DON'T HAVE THE DEVICE YET and you WON'T have the device until it launches on the 21st. Don't BS people by saying it's against Ebay rules. (And its too bad I forgot my ebay log in or I would post that in the comments section).

The other person who was selling one with the Camera and WiFi listed never responded to the email I send either...Hmmm...Funny how people run and tuck their tails and don't respond when they are called out.

Guys...Bottom line...The Ebay sellers are in a way scamming you...You're not going to get your device early...You're not going to get the camera version...You're not going to get the WiFi version...

You might as well save yourself a few hundred dollars and just go the Cingular store on Tuesday and get it yourself.

Unless you don't want to go to the Cingular store and still want the device, I will sell it to you for $850 unlocked and you will have it on Wednesday unlocked and ready to go...You have my email addy if you want to go that route.

the question is why doesnt ebay do something about this, its fraud. I wonder if rIM knows about this, prob do

winste no está en línea Stack level 2

I don't think it necessarily is fraud. The one advertising wi-fi and camera certainly is ulness this person know something the rest of us don't. But the one selling the Cingular version probably isn't fraudulent.

When the PS3 came out there were many people selling them on eBay the day before they were released. They had been part of the pre-sale. If this eBay seller is confident they will get an 8800, there is nothing to prevent them from listing it. Maybe they are a Cingular employee or a family member.

I'm not recommending this route. $1200 is ridiculous. The bidders are equally stupid as well for being willing to bid it up that high.

bigsam no está en línea Stack level 1

hi guys, still more BB8800 are going online at ebay, one guy who i noticed but couldnt tell if its a fake is under tyson180, can someone check and let us know.

bigsam no está en línea Stack level 1

his bid is closed, but saying that its an unbranded phone unlocked!!

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

can you guys believe the bids are up to $1100. hell why not just buy it from Cingular when it comes out, instead of paying almost triple the price

Usarmyaircav no está en línea Stack level 2

sorry for the dumb question in advance, but I would like a better understanding of unlocked. How do you go about unlocking one?

Todd

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

You have to ask your service provider for an unlock code and then you do something with that and it will unlock it to work with any carrier. I'm not sure how you do any of this but I do know what unlocking does.

Hope this helps,

COJO 24