Just got an 8800 recently and have no been able to get it to keep ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

jonbost no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FA03C0

8800C not keeping time

Advertisement

Just got an 8800 recently and have no been able to get it to keep the right time. I am always about hour off on time no matter what. I have applied the DST patch from blackberry and am still not haveing any luck. When I sync with the time server it tells the right time on the server but will set my bb back an hour.

Thanks for all help

melerant no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    32C029E1

Re: 8800C not keeping time

Try going into your date and time option and update the time.
    Ladies and Gentleman we are floating in space....
    "God didn't do that, you did that you fat @#$%"

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Go to (Settings -->) Options --> Date/Time. Set the time zone for your time zone, and set Date/Time Source to Network.

Also, make sure you're running Desktop Manager 4.1 SP1 (4.2.1.x). If you're running ANY other version on a machine whose OS is patched for DST 2007, it may not set the time correctly. Either uninstall the older version and install 4.2.1, or uncheck Update device's date and time in synchronization for BOTH Synchronize and Automatic Sync!

LOL - the 8800c is the ONLY BlackBerry that does NOT need the DST Patch. Not to worry - I have it on mine and it doesn't hurt.
    JerryD

PIN/ID
    23FA03C0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Thanks for all the help still not getting it to work. Might just be that I need to just reload the os because I have been installing and removing thing a lot recently. It acually gets worse when I sync with my computer it changes the time zone all together. I have vista running DM 4.2 sp1 and keeping having to reinstall the bb driver because of a DM crash. Do you think it could be a flaw in vista?

prospects no está en línea Stack level 1

try this :

open blackberry desktop,do not plug your phone! i'm french so i will do my best, ok open the last icon (sync)one of the check box is update time, uncheck it

this should sve your problem

PIN/ID
    23FA03C0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Thanks for all the help everything is working great now.

swtrainer no está en línea Stack level 2

Are you sure you have it set to the right Time Zone (Options - Date/Time - Time Zone)? If you have that set improperly and have set Options - Date/Time - Date Time Source to "Blackberry" or "Network", it will adjust back to whatever time zone you have it set to. If you set the Time Zone properly, it should update properly.

On my BlackBerry Pearl, DST Patch was the problem until the 1st of April, but then it fixed itself because it rolled past the old DST change date.