QUICK QUESTION, I am running BB DM software 4.2.1 with windowsXP SP2, Dell Latitude d420, ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

RLTW no está en línea Stack level 1

8800 windows startup issues

Advertisement

QUICK QUESTION, I am running BB DM software 4.2.1 with windowsXP SP2, Dell Latitude d420, connecting a 8800 thru USB and with the device connected, the PC will not boot up, stopping at the windows splash screen. When not connected the PC boots fine. any ideas?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: 8800 windows startup issues

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...tml#post516224
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s_startup.html

asking several times does not help get an answer. Seems that no one has a reason, just unplug it when you reboot. It's a phone not a device like scanner/hard drive that should be connected 24/7 so it could just be confusing Windows, after all it is Windows and unpredictable

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~This isn't that uncommon. When you connect any USB drive to a computer it gets a designated drive letter (usually the first available in the alphabet). You then use windows explorer to copy files onto/off of the USB drive. It shouldn't be any surprise that a blackberry with a microSD card is a USB drive to the computer. It thus takes the first available drive letter. The blackberry, it seems, is determined to get the C drive and when it is successful, the computer tries to boot from the microSD on the Blackberry. Assuming you had a fully operational install of XP, Vista,or Linux and allowed access via the blackberry password you then could boot from it.

I had a similar issue with the card reader built into my Dell 24" widescreen monitors. Unfortunately because I was as frustrated as you I rebuilt the entire machine before pinning down the source of the issue.

As cliffr39 suggested, just disconnect when you reboot. This way when you connect the Blackberry the C drive will already be taken and the Blackberry will be assigned the next available drive....or you could rebuild your whole machine like I did.

o1sowise no está en línea Stack level 3

I was going to say the same thing as above...

I'm sure you could play with your start-up sequence, in the BIOS, if you really wanted to solve this, but I agree, the simpliest way to avoid it is to disconnect during boot.

cypher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    876-5309

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ u can go into your bios and disable usb in the boot sequence.
    I have my system setup so I can boot linux off my usb thumb drive and mac osx off my external hdd. If you don't bother with other operating system, then just disable usb in the boot sequence. Enabling it while the BB is plugged in confuse Windoze.