View Poll Results: The BlackBerry 8800 which would you prefer?

Voters
395. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Camera

157 39.75%
  • Wi-Fi

225 56.96%
  • Not Sure

13 3.29%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

WiFi, most phone cams are lousy anyway... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

rizzimelb no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8800 w/Wi-Fi or Camera?

Advertisement

WiFi, most phone cams are lousy anyway

salvatoretri no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2457af8e

wifi

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Misses her camera phones. I thought I would have been ok w/o the camera..boy! Was I wrong.

jeffpettis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!

A Camera, I like to send some photos to some love ones sometime when I see something really retarded on my way to work.

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

I like the camera option personally, my edge connections seem to be pretty fast. For me I am not living on apps needing constant connections or super fast updates. (ask me again when its fantasy football season and I might have a different opinon, lol).
    Cams are great for blackmailing your buddy after the company party,

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.

i would prefer one with no camera, i have my pro. camera for that. I know, i know, i cant carry it everywhere but if i do need pictures i will carry it.

wifi? ofcourse if i have a screen thats atleast 14" in size. honestly wifi was really meant for tablets, notebooks, pdas. even on my pda its alittle hard to use especially when the browsers cant do the "REAL" full browsing. I mean sites with full flash, quicktime videos, etc. Thats my take.

pin

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I'd take the camera as long as it was high enough res (I'm thinking no less than 2MP on a bad day, 3.2MP+ is what I'd like to see). Don't care about wi-fi on a BB, my PSP has wi-fi and I find it just about useless. Only two points in Perth I can actually access anything so far, my friend's house with a wireless network set up, and at work I have the MAC address installed for our wirelss modem. McD's all have hot spots, but you have to be a telstra customer to access them. : (

navenik no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2097EC9E

I voted for wifi - based on the fact that many business sectors are deterring the use of camera in their establishment.
    With that said, a camera will be great tool to have in times of emergency when a picture is worth a thousand words.

Navenik...

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3

Will Wi-Fi help with voice coverage or just data? It may have been answered before, and I missed it.
    If I am out of coverage area will it act like roaming used to work on the old Cingular/AT&T? If it helps with voice coverage then my vote would be for Wi-Fi. Camera ok.

c1chrisc1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6B92F

The blackberry with wifi would make it a stronger phone then it already is!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

although this thread is old it seems like it's going to be wifi! Posted this link in another thread for those who are interested: http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/07...i_in_pipeline/

JenniSunday no está en línea Stack level 1

Definitely a camera since you never know when you might need it.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

This entire thread is a moot point as 88xx's will never have a camera. It's what distinguishes them from the 81xx's and the 83xx's.

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17

Im probably a bit older then most of you so I remember when Cell's didnt even exist just 15 years ago or where so out of the avg person's reach! Think about where this industry has gone in just the last 5 years alone. Gotta admit..the industry is pretty much "with the program" and has been making huge investments in technology and advancments based on needs. Noe of what we all do everyday with these little, tiny devices were available just a half a dozen years ago..and now its moving even faster. Patience my friends - patience!! and just for the record.... WiFi has a more practical, economic impact on most device users worldwide since data plans are so expensive outside the US. Camera would seem more like a luxury. Just ask the 20% of the the Iphone purchasers who tried it and returned it and that phone has both!! (I did buy one and returned it in 7 days. The geek in me couldnt resist but i warn you...dont try this at home!! The iPhone is a disaster when coming from the King of devices - the goold ol Blackberry!!

PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Neither for me, a camera would mean that I can't take my BB to work anymore (security restrictions on camera phones) and a wifi would mean less battery life. So I am happy with the 8830 just the way it is.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast