View Poll Results: The BlackBerry 8800 which would you prefer?

Voters
395. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Camera

157 39.75%
  • Wi-Fi

225 56.96%
  • Not Sure

13 3.29%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Outside of Cananda, what's the point of having wifi? Cingular, Sprint, and Verizon users already ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

docholliday no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

Re: Wi-Fi or Camera? - Blackberry 8800

Advertisement

Outside of Cananda, what's the point of having wifi? Cingular, Sprint, and Verizon users already have high-speed data access without wifi, and T-Mobile will be rolling out 3G this year (supposedly). It's not like the US has many free hotspots for people to use.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

The only reason I voted for WiFi is because there is a solution that I have implemented, so I would have both. I had a small high res spy camera imbedded in my forehead by a famous plastic surgeon

~via BB 8700c (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    The only reason I voted for WiFi is because there is a solution that I have implemented, so I would have both. I had a small high res spy camera imbedded in my forehead by a famous plastic surgeon

~via BB 8700c (wap.pinstack.com)~

GeneKamG no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20540A6

well wifi, its a PDA kind of phone, so the wifi would just make it complete. Anything below 4 pixels is just good for viewing it on other phone, bescides its not a camera. Im really surprised how makny people chose camera, just like getting blackberry for mp3 and camera is really dumb. Both would be a huge bonus for RIM but ether one i love the WiFi

cazz no está en línea Stack level 1

Wi-Fi, especially if it can run simultaneously with the cell network. VOIP/Cell one device thats the sweet spot.

docholliday no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

For all those who said wifi, except Canadians, why do you think wifi would be useful, given the increasing rate of cellular data transfer? Cingular, Sprint, and Verizon already have DSL-quality speeds, and T-Mobile is soon to follow. How many free wifi access points are there? Very few. Why add extra fees by purchasing access when you already have quick cellular data?

For the camera detractors, no one is saying a cell phone camera is comparable to a stand-alone digital camera, but the quality is nowhere near as bad as people are claiming. The cameras I've had on my Sidekick, MDA, and Pearl have all been decent and perform reasonably well for taking vacation photos, etc. Besides, nothing beats the convenience of a cell phone camera if you're ever in an accident or if you see something interesting that you just have to share with others.

gbillings no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    301603FD

Our data rates in Canada..... *ugh*.... Those communists at Rogers *shakes fist*

Personally? I don't really care about either. I know there are champions of both. Frankly, the problem with adding too much stuff is you get a.... treo. I would rather they enhance the email application to support launching of .wav files in the media player or say, add the A2DP bluetooth profile or open up 3rd party developer support so people can actually fill the holes RIM has left.....

If I had to choose, camera. Only becuase they are convienient. What good is a camera if you can't take short video clips? Most companies don't allow camera enabled cell phones so, frankly, leave them off. The quality is mediocre anyway.

Wifi? I dunno, switching between cell data and wifi would be a pain I think - unless it auto sensed where you were. As it stands, you can't turn off your data service without also turning off your radio which means you can't recieve calls...... now there's a feature!

I think RIM should focus on the KIS principle and make the device better and better at what it does now, as opposed to making it like a WM5 or Treo device.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

i choose the camera i dont know about anyone else but wifi spots are few and far between and i live in a major city i cant see me hanging out in a coffe shop etc just to surf the net what is this a episode friends?

Rockwell no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: 8800 w/Wi-Fi or Camera?

no question wi-fi

pthomas11 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    i choose the camera i dont know about anyone else but wifi spots are few and far between and i live in a major city i cant see me hanging out in a coffe shop etc just to surf the net what is this a episode friends?
    cant agree with you more here. wi-fi sounds great... but i dont need it. if anything, i need reasons to stay away from starbucks or borders.

i'd much rather have a qwerty keyboard with a camera....

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3

I vote for Wi-Fi. Who needs a cruddy camera on their phone? If I need to take pictures, I want them to be quality pictures, therefore I'll stick with my digital camera for those.
    Wi-Fi would be great for use in my workplace.

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

I agree, Wi-fi it up!! The cam quality is still low-end.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda

camera

jaysun930 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2431c3f2

Need a camera ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bbcat no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2835A200

wi-fi is best for those unfortunate souls held ramsom'ed by Rogers gouging biz approach to expensive data plans
    "Do the Right Thing, Make your Mother Proud"

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast