Does anyone know if it's possible to self-repair an 8800 USB port gone bad? If ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

ablefton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a0f56c

Question 8800 USB port gone bad

Advertisement

Does anyone know if it's possible to self-repair an 8800 USB port gone bad? If so, where I can purchase the replacement part? If not, is there a reliable service company I can trust? Thanks!

:cry:
    -------------------------------
    Andrew (Gaithersburg, MD)

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    The usual recommendation of cnn.cn didn't pan out as they are out of stock as shown here.

From the sounds of it, even if you were to find a replacement part, it would require some soldering to put the new part in.

Good luck!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

tquach no está en línea Stack level 1
    You can find the part on E-bay, after shipping it came out to be like 10 bucks. I purchased from a US seller. You will need to have steady hands to do the soldering, I just replaced the port on a cingular 8800. This seems to be a common problem.

Good Luck

celldepot no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ablefton View Post
    Does anyone know if it's possible to self-repair an 8800 USB port gone bad? If so, where I can purchase the replacement part? If not, is there a reliable service company I can trust? Thanks!

:cry:
    You can definately self repair your broken USbport. However, it is very tricky. For example if you remove your USB the wrong way, You can rip the Soldering point on the main board. This will make your phone permanetly damaged.

We are located in CA and do USB repairs from all over the country. The cost is $65 and the phone will be repaired and shipped out the same day.

danger872 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2401D9F3
    Quote Originally Posted by tquach View Post
    You can find the part on E-bay, after shipping it came out to be like 10 bucks. I purchased from a US seller. You will need to have steady hands to do the soldering, I just replaced the port on a cingular 8800. This seems to be a common problem.

Good Luck

Yea I've had problems with two of my 8800's.....it is a real common problems I see sme stackers have