Having a slight issue with Telenav and bbmaps. I have a 8800 with bes and ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

controlbb no está en línea Stack level 1

8800 timeout during telenav/bbmaps route

Advertisement

Having a slight issue with Telenav and bbmaps. I have a 8800 with bes and the backlight keeps timing out and locking the phone while in route. Just wanted to fine a resolution to this issue. FYI it times out when using a car charger or not. Telenav is aware I am using BES. BB maps is set for the backlight not to timeout unless the battery is 20% or less.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: 8800 timeout during telenav/bbmaps route

Does your BES have an IT policy enforcing the lock?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Have you checked in Options/Security/General Settings/Security Timeout to see if it will allow you to extend the timeout? I know my company has a 10 minutes TO and won't let me extend it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ My company also has the 10 min max timeout. I extended it from the 2 min timeout to 10 a week ago but same results. I would think that 8800 would be smart enough to know that it's doing something not to time out.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I think the only option might be to hit one of the buttons while using the GPS to keep it from timing out.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~That is one option or the other is cancel telenav. I could use bbmaps as a street gps and use a garmin as my car gps. I just didn't want my car looking like Kit from knight rider with all the gadgets on my dash. I hope someone has a solution before my 30 day telenav trial is up. I appreciate everyones response.