Can someone please let me know what the theme from the 8800 promo video is? ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

arush no está en línea Stack level 1

8800 Theme from the video

Advertisement

Can someone please let me know what the theme from the 8800 promo video is? The video comes standard on the device and is also on the blackberry website. I'm currently on T-Mobile UK.

I love blackberry's but i am absolutely gobsmacked at the developers' artistic skill, my 5 year old cousin could make better UI's. all their themes and general layouts are terrible, no wonder everyone wants an iPhone.

However, the theme in the video looks like it could actually be usable, even satisfying. The Messages pane is nicely spaced out and aligned, the appointment pop-up window looks good and the video player is completely different, more space for the video instead of the unecessarily large controls.

Anyone know how i can get it?

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: 8800 Theme from the video

I'll bump you up. I'm not sure what theme you're talking about, haven't watched the video in awhile and I deleted it off my phone. It's probably the dimension zen theme which shout be preinstalled on your device. If not see the thread "how to unlock hidden vendor themes" for a how to.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

AngelJo008 no está en línea Stack level 2

It's not on the 8800--I believe that was a promo video with "add in" photochopping. It has been recreated by someone but only for use with the 8100. We are all still waiting on other themes for the 8800. you can Google 8800 theme for Blackberry 8800 and you will see what I mean

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

It's not a real theme...

fbriceno97 Guest

That is the true

arush no está en línea Stack level 1

Shame. At least RIM admit that their UI is crap, so much so that they were embarrassed to put it on the promo video.

Why don't they offer full customization of the UI? Theme buiding is so limited, they're almost all the same.still can't get rid of those rediculous wings, stuck with fonts chosen by a donkey, millions of icons with no option to create subgroups, menus plainer than an english buffet, and doesn't anyone in the design team know how to make a gap between the edge of the screen and the left side of the list? What's the point in having a 320 px wide screen if you're only using 100px and shoving then as far left as physically possible?

Otherwise, the 8800's the best phone on the market!

rubikscube no está en línea Stack level 3

about a month a go i was lookin for the samething and it wasnt availabe so i made my own similar theme. I googled images: skyscraper and picked one to my liking. then i went into settings for screen and keyboard and selected system as the default font that simulated the theme. i know it sound stupid but it works for me