That's right, the "A" key popped off my 8800, and I have not found it. ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

omniomni no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    xxx

8800: the "a" key is MIA

Advertisement

That's right, the "A" key popped off my 8800, and I have not found it. I bought the unit on e-bay, and I am using it through my workplace's BIS, so I have no direct approach to Cingular (the carrier).

I'd much rather just replace the key (looks likes you could snap a new one right in!) as opposed to involving my workplace.

Well, I've tried locating either the part or repair place on my own and have had no success. Even bbrepairship.com could not help. I've looked at RIM's site and can find no parts info there. Cingular will only help me if I go through my company...<sigh>.

I think I am SOL, but if anyone has any thought as to how to get a replacement "A" key for my 8800 I would be very very grateful. Thank you.
    Last edited by omniomni; 04-30-2007 at 04:22 PM.

fbriceno97 Guest

Re: 8800: the "a" key is MIA

I'll do some research about this as "spare" parts, to see if i got something...

Let you know....

88HUNNIT no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 8800: the "a" key is MIA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~maybe buying a dummy (display) fone off of ebay.. I've seen them go for as little as 20 bucks. Do your research first, I am not 100 percent sure if the keys on the dummy fone are functional. If they move in and out you should be in business. I hope this helps.