Can someone tell me the purpose of the suspend mode? Why press and hold the ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17

Smile 8800 Suspend Mode

Advertisement

Can someone tell me the purpose of the suspend mode? Why press and hold the suspend button on the top right of the 8800 or 8100? Is this the same thing as just putting it in your holster? And if you keep it in your pocket then why lock the keyboard at all if you can just press the suspend button and press again to awaken? Trying to figure out what the differences between holstering, key locking, and suspending. Thanks!

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: 8800 Suspend Mode

the biggest problem with just using keylock, then putting it in your pocket is the trackball can get bumped a few times then it is possible to have a call made to emergency services like 911
    yes the standby mode is the same as using your holster. however not all people use a holster
    hope this helps
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17

perfect! Thats what I was hoping! Usually use a holster cause I HATE scratching the phone with stuff in my pockets but sometimes I just dont want to carry the holster! Thanks for your quick response!

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

no problem
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!