Anyone know where I can find a comparison chart for the 8800/8820/8830? Long story made ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

floridadomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317ce3cd

8800 series Comparison Chart

Advertisement

Anyone know where I can find a comparison chart for the 8800/8820/8830?
    Long story made short, I am having to go to Alltel who only sells the 8830. I have no need for a "world Phone" I am trying to see what I am missing, if anything by getting that phone vs the other two. If so, can I buy one of the others and get it unlocked for Alltel.
    Any help in this decision process would be greatly appreciated.
    Deano

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: 8800 series Comparison Chart

this comparison is on the blackberry site.

PIN/ID
    317ce3cd

I am ashamed to say I went there and somehow missed it!! Man do I feel stupid!
    Thank You

tweezak no está en línea Stack level 2

I have an 8820 and just in the last day I have come to appreciate one feature that I believe is not on the 8800.

STEREO BLUETOOTH!!

I just bought a Plantronics Voyager 855 from Newegg when it was on sale for $59. I am REALLY impressed with this unit both as a mic/headset for phone use and as a quality wireless stereo headphone. Exceeded my expectations in every way.

Now, combine this with the fact that the 8820 supports high capacity micro SD up to 32GB and you have a pretty serious MP3 player. The built-in player is actually pretty good separating by artist/genre/etc. I've read you can even create and upload playlists using the Roxio app included with Desktop Manager.

I'll write another post with more details on the Plantronics headset.

Note that I am not certain of the capabilities of the 8830 compared to the 8820 so use this information with caution.

PIN/ID
    317ce3cd

The chart says both have blue tooth capabilities and both are Stereo headset capable. Does this necessarily mean that both are capable of using blue tooth headset?
    I could have sworn that earlier that I read that the 8830 does not support a Blue tooth stereo headset.

Never really considered using MY BB as a MP3 player.

tweezak no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Re: 8800 series Comparison Chart

I verified the other day that the Plantronics Voyager 855 definitely does work as a full stereo headset on a friend's Verizon 8830.

I'm using some wild techno with lots of different things going on in each speaker to make sure.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

The 8830 is your only choice. You're not missing anything. You can't use GSM devices on a CDMA network.