Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Okay - all venting aside. Here is the scoop. I have a Dell Inspiron 9400 ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

ep04023 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8800 ready for TRASH!

Advertisement

Okay - all venting aside. Here is the scoop. I have a Dell Inspiron 9400 running Vista and the Blackberry 8800. I have clean uninstalled and reinstalled the software (from the BB Site - 4.2 SP2) easily 10 times (as administrator). I have spent hours on the phone with RIM tech support. When I go into Device Manager the Blackberry is being recognized. WHen I go through the DM to connection settings - the device cannot be detected. We got a new blackberry through AT&T - no dice - still not detected. We also tried hooking up a friend's Pearl - no dice. We have tried a different USB cable - no dice. We have 6 usb ports - which all work interchangeably with other devices - treo/ cameras/ ipods/ external drives/etc. Anyone have any ideas other than ditching the Blackberry and switching to Palm or iphone? HELP PLEASE!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: 8800 ready for TRASH!

Not sure what it is, but seems like there is something within your computer preventing the BB from connecting. I say that because you said another Pearl did not work either. There have been numerous posts about the DM and Vista. Perhaps some of those can help you out. But I'm putting the blame on the computer and software, not the BB itself.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

download virtual pc for free from microsoft... download the free windows xp vm already activated from microsoft. Use that and load desktop manager for your needs.

I got vista and office 2007 working with my 8800... i am on the latest os

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

You running 32 or 64?

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

32 for now

PIN/ID

go to device manager> ports> delete RIM ports, reboot and try connecting again

ant3k no está en línea Stack level 1

Should be: Vista ready for trash, as the shitty driver support in Vista is the cause for your issues, not your phone. Vista is defective by design, Microsoft's 2007 version of Windows ME. No offense.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

It's Vista. I had read somewhere awhile back that Vista would not be ready to support some devices when it was first released.

Fiasco no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20D434D0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it's your comp acting up. I have hooked up several blackberries to vista based pc's with no problems except on one dell laptop which gave the same problem you describe.

aexl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    302723e6

I have had no problems hooking up my BlackBerry to Vista. Try deleteing everything RIM/BlackBerry related out of the registry after an uninstall.
    Could just be a sketchy install.

geenyc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32cbb762

Smile Re: 8800 ready for TRASH!

Its vista i had the same exact problem.....................!!!! first call dell and then tell to connect u to the vista technical support, once there explain to them u are having a problem with yhour blackberry desktop manager.
    They will guide you through the installation online to get it working properly. Since the vista is a rarely new, the microsoft company hasnt gotten around to making it compatible with all programs but they can tell you how to get it working properly.

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.

I used a lappy with vista and works well with the berrymonster.

RogersToronto no está en línea Stack level 2

i believe you cant run your blackberry on vista at the moment with no support... i remember i tried 1 month ago and i had to downgrade my windows.... unless they just released a new patch

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3

You can check sites like www.pcworld.com and www.pcmag.com. They have listed problems with Vista. If software was not written and tested on Vista, you will have problems. That is one of the reasons given for lack of sales, customers are not comfortable with non-user friendly.

dilipc no está en línea Stack level 3

I hated Vista so much, I got me an iMac....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast