I have a 1gb micro sd card installed on my 8800 and have downloaded audible ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

gpc
    gpc no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile 8800 plays audible book and seido question

Advertisement

I have a 1gb micro sd card installed on my 8800 and have downloaded audible software and a book!!!!! When listening to audible book I get a small skip about every 30 seconds (miss one to three sylables normally, couple of times slightly longer). I downloaded more than one book to make sure it was not the book. I also have songs which play without any trouble or skipping on same card so I don't think it is a problem with card or the media player. Wonder if it is when I am getting an email or when the bb is checking with the bes server to check on email that it skips.

I also was not able to download from audible air, just able to convert books to my card by my computer and blackberry manager which has worked fairly easily, same as with the music. Still trying to figure out how to get it to stop or pause when a phone call comes in as well. Allows phone call in and I can hear them and they can hear me, but the book never stops on my end making it tough to hear call.

Also purchased from Seido the adaptor that hooks to my bb and enables me to hook up a 3.5 set of earphones. It has the microphone and button to allow me take calls. Problem is my music and books are still only coming out in one earpiece. I thought when I bought it I would get the sound in each earpiece. Sound is just as good coming out of the single 2.5 earpiece that came with the blackberry. What am I missing here (or should I say hear)?

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions.

Love google maps, gps, 411 and audible books.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: 8800 plays audible book and seido question

nest way to see if its when the phone is checking network etc, is to turn off the radio function of the bb and listen to the same passage of the book, post back with results. double check the speed of the recording that may be causing issues too.

for the adapter prob make sure it is properly seated and count the rings on the plug should be a total of 4 seperate gold contacts.

post back with findings thanks
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

gpc
    gpc no está en línea Stack level 1

Turned off radio function and that is not the problem as I still have the skips. I have also immediately done a 30 second replay when I get the skip and they are not occuring at the same spots. I occasioally get an hourglass like the media player is downloading from the sd card and sometimes but not always the skips are 4 or 5 seconds before or after the hourglass appears. So I was thinking it might be that the media player was skipping when reading from the sd card.

As to the seido adaptor, I read back through some other posts and saw where you are to attach your earphones to the adaptor prior to plugging into the blackberry and sure enough, I now have sound coming out thru both earpieces however at a very very low volume. In checking my (ipod) earpieces I find that they only have three separate silver rings instead of the four gold mentioned above. Iwill try to find a new set of earphones, anyone have a set they reccomend with four separate gold contacts?

From reading other posts, it looks as if the BB 8300 has a newer better media player. Hopefully this will be available soon on the next 8800 upgrade.

Thanks again for your suggestions and ideas.

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Audible books play on your 8800? Wow, I can't get them to play on my 8100.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I'm guessing you've already tried turning up the volume?

You won't find headphones with the four conductors on the plug -- that's only required for the audio adapter itself. Your headphones just need to be stereo (three conductors). If the volume setting on your BB doesn't help any then you just need to try a new set of stereo headphones. My Etymotic Er-6i's work just fine with the Seidio adapter.