Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I stopped by my local T-Mobile "Authorized Dealer" with a friend of mine. I asked ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

8800-Out Sooner Than We Think?

Advertisement

I stopped by my local T-Mobile "Authorized Dealer" with a friend of mine. I asked a worker there if he had heard anything about the 8800 and he said it will be out before the end of the year. I have learned to take things from these people with a grain of salt but is it possible that this guy could be right? Or maybe at least we will see the 8800 sooner than we thought. Just curious to see everyone's input on what they have heard about the release date.

king217 no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    204d71a3

Re: 8800-Out Sooner Than We Think?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i read that model one with out a camera will be out in Jan 07 and the other one with cam a video and everything else to send us crackberry addicts over the edge and in to rehab will hit in April who gets it first was not disclosed but the only carriers listed were my personel choice TMOBILE and then there's that other guy Cingular

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Here is another source regarding the 8800's release:

BBHub is reporting that the T-Mobile BlackBerry 8800 could be hear as early as mid January.
    A very reliable insider source (who is not the guy whose initials are the same as the group who wrote some of those great songs on “Saturday Night Fever”) has sent us verified information Regarding the T-Mobile 8800 BlackBerry
    As we’ve heard there will be two versions of the BlackBerry 8800, one with a camera, and one without. The cameraless T-Mobile BlackBerry 8800, according to BBHub’s source, should be out mid to late January. The camera bearing 8800 should follow sometime in mid to late April.
    Both the BlackBerry 8800 models will sport Wi-Fi and the cameraless T-Mobile version will be black. The design of the CameraBerry version of the BlackBerry 8800 hasn’t been confirmed, however, there is an 80% percent chance that it will look the same as the T-Mobile cameraless version.
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

MickPick no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E890D7

why does tmobile get it first! no fair!

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Everything I've heard/seen confirms the above info. Tmobile first with cameraless version near the end of 06, beginning of 07. And Cingular with the CameraQwerty version around 2nd quarter 2007. It'll be a bummer to have to wait on the camera version, but if it has UMTS and Wifi, I'd gladly wait for it.

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ it makes sense, since such a large majority are biz users for whose work non-camera is a stipulation. I'm glad to see a wifi phone that's up to RIM's reliability standards.

wordthenerd Guest

I think T-Mo gets all the PDA/Smartphone devices first due to the fact that they have the cheapest data plan rates in wireless. And seeing as how the 8800's feature set will include wi-fi..that would be a golden opportunity to promote their Hot Spots wi-fi services.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Getting excited! Any word on built-in GPS?

pinkdiva no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23c629b0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~honestely unless you hear from someone from RIM don't believe anything you hear from store people. They know as much as we do.

mcookyconsp no está en línea Stack level 2
    if you all remember 8700 first came out on cingular. I spoke cingular business rep, she supplied all of the phones for my company, and she said that in the mid of Jan we will see it on Cingular camera less one
    But once again unless RIM says it-its all just speculations

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by wordthenerd
    I think T-Mo gets all the PDA/Smartphone devices first due to the fact that they have the cheapest data plan rates in wireless.
    Not quite. You don't have to look too far back into history (how quickly we forget!) to see that Cingular had the exclusive on the 8700 as the previous poster said...

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Not quite. You don't have to look too far back into history (how quickly we forget!) to see that Cingular had the exclusive on the 8700 as the previous poster said...
    And Cingular with the Nokia E62.

cybersmoothy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    206792FB
    YAHOO!!! I cant' wait for the cameraberry!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! Sorry 8700r...there's going to be a new love of my life.....

jpwillis no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204B6AF2
    ~via BB. There is already a cameraberry those of us who have it are eagerly awaiting the qwerty cameraberry. And the trackball makes things a lot easier for us lefties

scampbell no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E20EE9
    because Tmobile is the blackberry master!!! No tmobile is actually a very good company though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast