I'm hoping someone can help. My friend game he his phone. I reset the ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum
8800 ot connecting to Desktop Mgr
I'm hoping someone can help. My friend game he his phone. I reset the device but was stuck at the reset screen with the error JVM 513. I downloaded JL Cmdr and wiped the phone, but now I'm stuck on the no application icon and number 507 below it. I feel like I've tried everything with no luck. I uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop software and the handset software with no luck. The desktop is still saying its diconnected. I tried going through options and connecting that way, but it hasn't worked either. My old pearl still works fine and connects with out a problem. Can anyone help?
Try these steps and see if they help:
1. Install the desktop software. (on your pc)
2. Install the handheld software. (on your pc)
3. Pull the battery out of your device.
4. With the battery out connect the device to the computer.
5. On the desktop manager software, Go to Options and select "connection settings"
6. Select USB PIN this may take a few moments since there is no battery in the device. you might even have to select detect device in some rare cases.
7. Select the application loader icon.
8. Select all software you want installed.
9. Proceed to the end portion untill you see the "Finish" button.
10. Very IMPORTANT. do not hit the finish button, instead select the ADVANCED button.
11. Make sure both boxes are checked.
12. Proceed until it asks you if you want to automatically back up and restore. Select DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY BACK UP MY HANDHELD.
13. Once the process starts. take care not to bump out the cord and re-insert the battery. Again on some rare occasions you might have to wait until it finishes saying connect to insert the battery.
THIS MAY FAIL THE FIRST OR SECOND TIME DONT WORRY JUST KEEP TRYING.
*The reason I have highlighted Step 13 is that this is very important to do BEFORE the DM tries to re-start your device because it WILL NOT re-intialize your device IF THE BATTERY IS NOT IN YOUR DEVICE.
Thanks, I tried that and it still won't connect with the battery out.
Tags for this Thread