I upgraded the boss's 8800 with the new OS update from Cingy/ATT and that was ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3

8800 os update

Advertisement

I upgraded the boss's 8800 with the new OS update from Cingy/ATT and that was a barrel of fun! I updated it the same way that Ive done all my bb's but something didn't work right. Downloaded the update from the site, did a pre-install backup, hooked up the 8800 and let it go. Towards the end of the update, FATAL ERROR introduced it self onto the screen. I freaked out for a few minutes because i had managed to trash his phone. Of course he wasn't remotely concerned about it. Started looking around the forum for info, did a jm_cmdr wipe and force fed the os back in. So now he has the new os, and the phone is working to my knowledge.

The reason for the post is 1) what could have possibly caused that to happen 2) he mentioned that the email has a "candy stripe" background to it. Is it changeable?

Sorry for the random thread, usually my mind isn't so cluttered.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Re: 8800 os update

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ In security options you can set a background color for certain messages. Well this background color ends up showing up at a diagonal stripe. You can also remove the setting too. I believe it's meant to distinguish between youe BES email and your other accounts. Not sure how it's supposed to work if you're not on BES.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~although I don't have an 8800 we dealt with this and its a setting on the BES.

PIN/ID
    2439fbe3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~we found where the setting was and got that turned off. Thanks for quick reply! Anyone have any idea about the update error and what could have caused it?

PIN/ID
    2439fbe3

Yeah, we found it. general settings > options > background color. Thanks for the quick response!

Anyone have an idea of what would have caused the update to fail on its own?

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Not my area of expertise unfortunately. Sorry.