I got my 8800 about a year ago. I have y email set to be ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

chuckflarhu no está en línea Stack level 1

8800 not keeping past email.

Advertisement

I got my 8800 about a year ago. I have y email set to be saved on the BB for 3 months.

The only things that get saved for a long time are text and pin messages sent from the BB.

Email used to be saved for anywhere from 1-2 months. A bit annoying, but I could live with it.

Lately, only email from the last few days is on the device. Also, my phone call log seems to only save the days calls and none previous. I need to be able to see a lot further back than this.

Could I be running out of memory? Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Yes, you are running out of memory. Delete any pictures, video's, music, languages not utilized on the BB.

There are several How to's, and what not posted here on the "Stacks" under the GUIDES label up top. I tried to go to the forum and post the link but it kept telling me it could not locate the page. Not sure if upgrades are taking place right now to the website or they have been officially moved.

Try the things I listed above though and it should help. Also, about once a week, hold down ALT and press L G L G. This will bring up your Event Log. Bring up the menu, and then select Clear. Clear your event log about once a week and this will free up memory as well.

Good luck and Welcome to the "Stacks"...
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

chuckflarhu no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks, will give it a try and see what happens.

I don't have any music or videos or pics on my BB. I do have quite a few apps I could remove. Hopefully it'll do the trick.