Just got my 8800 not too long ago and love it how ever.... Every once ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

reemobeens19 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    na

8800 no data transferr

Advertisement

Just got my 8800 not too long ago and love it how ever.... Every once in a while it will stop sending/recieving data when browsing the web. It has done it a hand full of times with different web sights. The only way I can seem to fix it is to clear my cache and batt pull. Some times it will do it again within a few seconds and some times it'll take a couple days. Any body got any suggestions or help. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Re: 8800 no data transferr

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ This is an odd problem! It happened to my 8830 several times when I first got it. Not sure what happened, but it just stopped! There were a couple posts on here about it, but they died down and were never that many.

Hope this means it stops happening to you soon.

Have you checked for an OS upgrade yet? Maybe it was a bug? I have upgraded mine, but I know that the OS versions are very different between the 8800 and the 8830

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by reemobeens19
    Just got my 8800 not too long ago and love it how ever.... Every once in a while it will stop sending/recieving data when browsing the web. It has done it a hand full of times with different web sights. The only way I can seem to fix it is to clear my cache and batt pull. Some times it will do it again within a few seconds and some times it'll take a couple days. Any body got any suggestions or help. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    check your about options(Options->About). Third line down.

currently im running at .101 on my 8800. It was a vodafone upgrade i believe. tmobile is still at .74

change your TCP settings to match tmobile:
    Options->Advanced Settings->TCP
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    leave username/pass blank

check, all the way at the bottom paragraph, second line.

http://members.a1.net/updateservice/bb/

hope that helps.
    Last edited by pinpoint; 07-23-2007 at 11:35 PM.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

PIN/ID
    na

Upgrading now.... gonna check it out and post back. thanks guys

PIN/ID
    na

well it seemed to work but after a few weeks i started downloading videos from www.tinytube.net and www.3gpforfree.net seems like i download videos ok..... if i get a hold of one that has an error in the encodig it will "confuze" my bb and thats when it cuts out. resend service books, close browser, reinstalled updated os, batt pull....... still happens. but i have noticed it happens more often trying to download a video of 1.5mb or larger. any body got any more suggestions? btw thanks guys

PIN/ID
    na

it seems after 3 8800's, 8 conversations with tmo bb support, 4 hours with RIM and an hour and a half with the guy that seems to have fixed my issues there was a setting in my RIM administration settings that was messed up. i was only able to get any where from 2k to 4mb of data before my bb would "give up" and not even try to connect to the network. i dont know what the settings were but i have been through 3 8800's, every thing from a security wipe, alternate os's, multiple different settings, the only way i cpould get/restore data was to delete all settings in browser (cashe, history, cookies, ect...) delete all service books, batt pull, register HostRoutingTable...... then it would work fine there after for another 2k-4mb. every one i talked to said, "weird, ive nerver heard any thing like it"...... ill post back when i find out any thing other wise, but it seems to be fixed by a tool offered by RIM to service provider for editing settings on the RIM/blackberry server..... sorry but i was so over welmed by the fact it worked fo the first time i have had it i forgot to ask what settings..... P.S. TCP settings were correct, thanks guys.