I have upgraded my 8800 os everything is working ok. I am using it with ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

amoham3 no está en línea Stack level 2

8800 new os

Advertisement

I have upgraded my 8800 os everything is working ok. I am using it with bes express. I am getting new emails and able to send also but the email profile is changed automatically it now says received using unknown secure instead of destop secure which it use to say before upgrading. Probelm is when I press more to get remaining email it says service book information not found. Also not getting new email sound alert as even in the profile againt messages it says desktop secure so don't get sound notifications on new emails. I have checked the service book there also it says destop secure. How can I change my email profile to desktop secure from unknown secure

twillingham no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C83A8

Re: 8800 new os

Have you tried looking in messaging, options, email reconciliation and change message services to desktop. I uprgraded and my device changed from desktop secure to now read default and cant seem to change my device back to desktop secure

Under that I don't find any option of changing

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Did you reactivate after upgrading? You must resend service books after every upgrade. On BES that means an Enterprise Activation.

I have reactivated after the upgrade but not sent the service book manually.

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17

Tekashi is correct as usual. you need to resend service books with every upgrade

temoore no está en línea Stack level 1

Which OS upgrade?

Are you referring to the Rodgers OS upgrade, or something else? TIA

nrcapes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6997B

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Did you reactivate after upgrading? You must resend service books after every upgrade. On BES that means an Enterprise Activation.
    I have the same problem. My BES technician re-activated Enterprise activation but I still get Unknown(secure) on messages from Outlook, and can't reply to messages because there is no Send button. What service books should be there for complete activation?

SkUbA0 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240A0BB8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~your device is not activated or you set your desktop manager to use out look and not the bes and it overwrote your bes settings, you could backup your device and reload and reactivate and see if that works,

occtina no está en línea Stack level 1

thank you guys

jtesnani no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thats somewhat of a hassle to have to have IT reaxctivate BES everytime you upgrade, no? I think I'll hold off on upgrading mine for a long while then...thanks for the information

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

You're right jtesnani, one thing I've always hated about upgrading an O.S., and am the Admin on our BES...
    Last edited by naviwilliams; 06-08-2007 at 04:57 PM.