Hi everyone, I am new born in Blackberry world, so the pro's might find my ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Gusndr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2514177A

8800 need help from you guys..

Advertisement

Hi everyone, I am new born in Blackberry world, so the pro's might find my question silly, i read lot of threads in this website but still couldnt find my answer.

I bought BB 8800 from CSL Hong Kong, only the 8800 with no data plan no sim.. I intend to use the BB in Brazil with TIM.

As i know, the IMEI and PIN is registered to CSL, since i entered timbrasil blackberry
    and entered the IMEI and pin did this for curiosity coz im still in HK, it gives msg to re-register coz it is registered with another provider. while in CSL page it didnt give this msg.

My question is :
    should i do something before taking the BB to brasil ?

Is TIM able to re-register BB on their network since i didnt have any plan yet with CSL or even use it with their service ?

i appreciate your help coz i only bought BB because i always face problems with my wm smartphone.

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: 8800 need help from you guys..

If I'm not mistaken you'll need to get your BB unlocked

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2514177A

thx jgirly, but i test the phone with other providers like china mobile in china mainland , the gsm and sms are working normally

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Gusndr
    As i know, the IMEI and PIN is registered to CSL, since i entered timbrasil blackberry
    and entered the IMEI and pin did this for curiosity coz im still in HK, it gives msg to re-register coz it is registered with another provider. while in CSL page it didnt give this msg.
    That's because you registered the IMEI and PIN with CSL. You'll need to have the BIS account with CSL deleted before you can register it with TIM.

PIN/ID
    2514177A

I called CSL HK, an dthey just deleted the IMEI and PIN from the server, and i think its gonna be ok using it in brazil. thank you guys..