I'm not sure if this is a device issue or a memory card issue, but ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Dramane_brown no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32aabfd3

8800 Memory Card Issue

Advertisement

I'm not sure if this is a device issue or a memory card issue, but I have a sure that has a brand new 8803 (world edition) phone and a new microSD memory card. He can see the card if he uses a card reader on his computer, can transfer files to and from the card. He puts the card in the phone, re-formats it with the blackberry (unplugged from the computer of course) and then receives an error when it reboots that the card is not recognized and needs to be formated. Until he removes teh card form the BB and formats it on his computer, he can't get passed that error. has anyone else received this error or know of a possible fix? Thanks.

Dramane

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F

Re: 8800 Memory Card Issue

Welcome Dramane
    You can try another memory card (if you have one) in the handset to verify if the fault lies with the device or the memory card

SkUbA0 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240A0BB8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I would suggest tring to clean the leads on the card reader and the card with the eraser of a pencil, and then format the card using the bb and not the pc, hope this helps.

Dramane_brown no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32aabfd3

It must have been the leads. I removed the card, using the remove card function from the BB, replaced, clicked on Install card and it's working. Thanks for the quick responese everyone.