Hi, I'm using Cingular/AT&T as my carrier with BIS ($29.99 plan). I can access the ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

al78918 no está en línea Stack level 1

8800 MediaNet won't connect anymore

Advertisement

Hi, I'm using Cingular/AT&T as my carrier with BIS ($29.99 plan). I can access the internet with the Blackberry browser but not with Cingular's MediaNet browser. I was able to before, but now It says "unable to connect to the internet...please contact your service provider". I haven't called Cingular/AT&T yet as their "support" is horrible! Therefore, I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

My TCP/IP settings are:
    APN: wap.cingular
    Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1

The home page URL for the MediaNet browser is: http://home

Any ideas?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 8800 MediaNet won't connect anymore

First, you shouldn't need any TCP/IP settings, or if you do they'd be pushed down by AT&T. Try clearing them.

Second, only your MediaNet browser can get to the MediaNet home as it's routed through AT&T's network. I can get to it on my BB, but only using the MediaNet browser - with the Internet or BlackBerry Browsers (I'm on a BES), it's Forbidden!

Finally, I recently noticed my TCP settings were change (they were blank) so that the APN is internet.com and the username and password are blank. Try that.
    JerryD

projectzero no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala
    Finally, I recently noticed my TCP settings were change (they were blank) so that the APN is internet.com and the username and password are blank. Try that.
    Don't try that, it won't fix anything. There was an outage yesterday for the wap.cingular, should be fixed today. Try a battery pull for a few minutes and see if it then works. If not, call and make sure your account is still fine.

Thanks all for the info. I've been having this issue for about a month now so I don't think it's related to the recent outage. I was hoping it would fix itself which is why I didn't bother to post anything.

I tried clearing the TCP/IP settings and changing them to "internet.com" but to no avail. Likewise, with a battery pull.

As a last resort, I called AT&T and they were able to re-enable it rather quickly. I'll have to admit, this was the first time I didn't get thrown in a call-loop when contacting their support. Maybe AT&T is "cleaning house" with the recent merge/acquisition.

Thanks.

snarkoleptik no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yeah, I've been having that problem since I changed the tcp/ip settings in march but I didn't really mind since I don't use media net that much. I guess I was too lazy to call customer service

I found the answer on another thread in the cingular forum. You need to change the username to WWW.BLACKBERRY.COM/MYMOBILE/

Everything should work now

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ive been having the same issue for about a month. I tried changing my apn to myblackberry.com/mobile/ but it didn't work.

I have a dealer plan and am not able to edit/ access my own account thru customer service; I have to go thru my account rep. Takes time and I'm an impatient person, so ill just deal with it.

This is what it should look like, exactly

APN: wap.cingular
    Username: WWW.BLACKBERRY.COM/MYMOBILE/
    Password: CINGULAR1

I was able to get it working with the "wap@cingulargprs.com" setting by calling AT&T. They re-enabled the feature pretty quick. However, I noticed that you won't be able to connect after you use your phone as a tethered modem. I was only tethered for about five minutes and noticed that I wasn't able to connect to MediaNet anymore. However, a battery pull reset solved that problem. I have a feeling that they block your MediaNet access when they detect tethering. Tethering won't work if MediaNet access is blocked.

photomike no está en línea Stack level 1

Is medianet a pay per data or pay per use browser or is it all contained in the unlimited data plan?

Just dl'd opera mini 4 and want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly.

Thanks!

Mike