Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

^what up nonchalant? I guess we really won't know until it actually comes out. If ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: 8800 launch

Advertisement

^what up nonchalant? I guess we really won't know until it actually comes out. If amoss is right that it should be coming out in the next couple of days/weeks then maybe my thread on the possible Feb. 12 release was right on.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

NOT official, simply passing on what I just heard. Feb 8th @ both Cingular and T-mo.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

Dude, I will be at a T-mobile store ASAP on FEB 8th.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

A Thursday?

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

I think T-mobile and Cingular would get them on Thursday (stock wise) and start selling them on Friday, or Monday (start of the business week)

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

You know...This is the first I have heard of, and I am simply going to play the What If game for a minute...

What a great way for RIM to see which GSM carrier really DOES have the most pull in the BlackBerry market, but to launch a device on BOTH carriers on the SAME DAY.

Also, it would be a good competition to see between TMobile and Cingular, after a month, to see which company sold more devices, had more new activations, who maybe lost BB clients...Interesting...

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Yes that would be great, I would like to see those #'s .

Speaking of Thursdays & release dates. Thursday Jan 25th 2007 is when Cingular received their Moto RAZR V3xx for official release on Friday Jan 26th. I know this as a fact as I was there to buy one.

Cheers...

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Tmobile will win because of there cheap data plans!!!!!!

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    NOT official, simply passing on what I just heard. Feb 8th @ both Cingular and T-mo.

im gonna camp outside like its PS3 all over again

DrWoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D11279

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    You know...This is the first I have heard of, and I am simply going to play the What If game for a minute...

What a great way for RIM to see which GSM carrier really DOES have the most pull in the BlackBerry market, but to launch a device on BOTH carriers on the SAME DAY.

Also, it would be a good competition to see between TMobile and Cingular, after a month, to see which company sold more devices, had more new activations, who maybe lost BB clients...Interesting...
    Here's the one issue, I have with that... Stock levels.... I think it would be a great idea... But if RIM can't stock all the stores with enough stock, then you don't get a acruate picture of "pull". Not to mention the customer base has got to be different between them.....

Dr. Woo

DrWoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D11279

Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    Here's the issue I see with a thursday release. One word... Shipping..

Most of the stores are going to have a light stock... The online store will have most of them. So, with a friday release, no shipping on sat and sun? I don't by that one.... Possible I guess...

Dr. Woo

Last Z no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245fe61a

Quote Originally Posted by DrWoo

Most of the stores are going to have a light stock... The online store will have most of them. So, with a friday release, no shipping on sat and sun? I don't by that one.... Possible I guess...

Dr. Woo
    We get Saturday UPS deliveries . It wont be here in time for the sell date listed.

Quote Originally Posted by DrWoo

Dr. Woo
    I do not know about the other carriers, but Cingular chose to launch the new Motorola RAZR V3xx on Thursday.

Just like you said, it was on the web site, and the store that I bought mine from had just 4. If it would not have been for the call from the store manager advising me that they had just arrived, I would have missed getting one of the first shipment.

However, even though they did not have many in stock the launch proceeded.

So who knows?

jsternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DFE188

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have a couple friends that work for cingular and they all have told me that cingy stores get their shipments of headsets on monday, wedensdays, and fridays. A friday release seems like it could work, however, cingy is SO bad at releasing phones on time and with adequate supply that I don't see the 8800 comming out till mid/late feb. Remember, this is all specultation.

I am not sure if the cingy 8800 will have a cam or not, but if it doesn't, than I'll stay with my 8700. But, if the 8800 for cingy does come with a cam, than I will definitely wait fir the second or thirs waves (to ensure corrections with the phone.)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123