Hey what's up ok 4 some reason my bb is having a lot of issues ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

frkhuda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

8800 issues

Advertisement

Hey what's up ok 4 some reason my bb is having a lot of issues which in the beginning weren't that bad but now its starting 2 really get annoying! One prob is whenever i have a few reminders pop up on the screen lots of times the screen will freeze and i have 2 power off the device then back on.Another prob is when i power it up the trackball doesn't respond.Another prob is its slower than the 8700.Does anyone know if this is just my 8800 or r they all like that???

cjvail13 Guest

Re: 8800 issues

Mine runs fine. You might want to take yours back ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Have you done a battery pull reset lately (take out battery with BB on, then hold down the power button for at least 30 seconds before putting the battery back in)?

This should not only reset the BB, but free up a lot of memory which sounds like it might be the issue. I would also go into Options/Advanced/Applications and delete all of the languages that you don't use to free up even more memory.

PIN/ID
    ask

I did all that stuff several times.Nothing changed.Is everyone else's 8800's seriously ok?How did i manage 2 get a screwed up one?

nimocone no está en línea Stack level 3

Mine is working very well. I would take it back if you've followed Ljbyar's advice and it didn't help.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

maybe a re-install of the OS might fix the problem. It might void your warranty. But could easily be done

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    Reinstalling the OS doesn't void your warranty. It's a common practice. Reps at your carrier will often tell you to do the same thing.

PIN/ID
    ask

All right guys thanx.I guess i'll just get it exchanged.I'm just glad that at least its only mine and not all of the 8800's!

Thanx again!

UserJor no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi All,

This is definatly an OS issue. Have your carrier tell you where to download the latest one, otherwise you can try going to blackberry site /support and try to look it up by your carrier (not all of them are there)

kwojtas no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello, I just joined. I was wondering if anyone ran into the issue I am having with my new 8800 blackberry. I downloaded the gmail app on the 8800. It seems
    to recognize my device as an 8700, but installs properly. However
    shortly after my blackberry prompts me with a warning that gmail is
    attempting to access phone logs, allow or deny. I select deny and an
    unhandled exception is thrown: Uncaught exception:
    net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessExceptio n. Does anyone know how to make this error message go away and allow gmail to work properly on my new blackberry?

HotWax no está en línea BES Pro

My 8800 Resets everytime I set it in my cup holder. Seems to be a short near the bottom of the device, trying to get it replaced.