Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

8800 being a biz tool will have a holster i would imagine.... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

mortys11 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 8800 in my hand

Advertisement

8800 being a biz tool will have a holster i would imagine.

gbillings no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    301603FD

Dang, I still wanna know if it has A2DP or not. Do the testers know if how the unit prioritizes between wifi and cell data networks?

Rogers wireless has told me that the next RIM device to grace their doors will be around April. And.... at the around the same time, the first HSDPA devices will be available as well - whose they are? Well, HP has one, supposedly...

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by mortys11
    the $64,000.00 Question

Does it come with a plastic holster like the 8700?
    The 8700 (in the UK) didn't come with a plastic holster, but a canvas type one.

However the 8800 kicking about here is just one we're using for testing, so I've no idea what they are putting in the box with it. This one doesn't even have a box... let alone a holster!

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...os_leaked.html

Not going to see a whole lot of photos surface until closer to launch time.

After all the leaked pictures of the Pearl, RIM is just waiting to find someone to hang for leaking pictures (the reason why most pictures never show an actual person or recognizeable information).

Remember, RIM knows who the test units go out to, so it's not too terribly hard to track down leaked photos unless the person is somewhat smart about doing so.

RIM verifies someone who signed a NDA leaked photos, and it's their head and/or their companys head on the chopping block.
    Yup, and it's not going to be my head (I hope!) so no pictures. Not allowed cameras in this building anyhow. Thats how i'm hoping we don't launch the version with a camera!

Quote Originally Posted by gbillings
    Dang, I still wanna know if it has A2DP or not. Do the testers know if how the unit prioritizes between wifi and cell data networks?

Rogers wireless has told me that the next RIM device to grace their doors will be around April. And.... at the around the same time, the first HSDPA devices will be available as well - whose they are? Well, HP has one, supposedly...
    Not surehow the unit prioritises between data connections. I couldn't get it to latch onto the two wifi networks I had available, so wasn't able to test this aspect of it. However it was certainly happy to have the GSM and WIFI connections turned on at the same time. All managed through a connection manager not disimilar to that on WM5 devices.

The 3g BB we had on Voda here in the UK was sucky. An HSDPA BB would be good given T-Mobile UK's HSDPA network is in a reasonable state at the moment, but only if adding HSDPA doesn't make the device near unusable, like it did to the 8707v. As I understand it, Voda are stuck with loads of these devices that they can't shift.

nadime no está en línea Stack level 1

No joke, I will offer you $1000 for the test unit you have in your hands. PM me or email at nadimewow@yahoo.com. Offering $1000 for any test-version 8800s available.

Thanks.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by nadime
    No joke, I will offer you $1000 for the test unit you have in your hands. PM me or email at nadimewow@yahoo.com. Offering $1000 for any test-version 8800s available.

Thanks.
    Good luck...I think the risk of:
    A: Getting Sued
    B: Going to jail
    C: Getting Sued
    D: Going to jail

are worth way more than $1000.

Someone gullible enough to take that offer doesn't have the kind of job where you get your hands on a pre-release test version device. Especially considering the fact that RIM knows who has what devices.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

~via SUPA BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

So are you taking PayPal or money order?

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Cash only.
    No bills larger than a $20.
    Untraceable.
    Non-sequential serial numbers.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

nadime no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm happy to discuss the possibility of offering more. I understand there are risks for the person selling the unit. Going to jail or getting sued are both rather unlikely. More likely is simply losing the right to see future advance units. Either way, the offer stands, and I'm happy to discuss parameters regarding the use of the test unit with the person willing to sell it. I represent a very high-net worth individual who is ticked off about his inability to find one of these 8800s which he feels would greatly enhance his use of Blackberries.

Thanks.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Well in that case!,...

Good luck.

And as far as the getting sued/going to jail being highley unlikely, I wouldn't count on that.

RIM doesn't simply random mail out 8800's to unsuspecting people who one day get a FedEx package and are like "wow, wonder what this is?".

Every device is accounted for, and they know where it is, who has it, when it's in use, blah blah.

If your client feels that he will go to whatever lengths to get his hands on one, RIM's contact information is on their website and readily available.

Godspeed to him and you on your venture.

HITMONEY no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A06965

I offer One Milllllllllllion dollars!

/me sticks pinky to mouth

You can get ahold of me at DrEvil@takeovertheworld.com

Last edited by HITMONEY; 01-24-2007 at 10:09 AM.

nabitheking no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3047E391

Wow, this is really starting to get intense...
    I know I want it bad, but this....

Beler no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2051504E

I just wanted to ask does your test unit have a built in GPS, mine had some kind of option for it before it was configured by my bb provider so I presume they disabled it but it is present inside the device. Thx

Beler no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2051504E

Just to add my 5 cents about 8800, I have been using it for a week now,and I have to say that I am really amazed with the battery capacity.First day of usage I had wifi and bt turned on, talked for a couple of hours and did a load of messaging and it remained over 50%.I guess the 1440 mAh battery really makes a difference.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast