Just got my 8800 today and so far Im lovin it. I put my seidio ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

pearlsrock no está en línea Stack level 2

8800 holstering ?

Advertisement

Just got my 8800 today and so far Im lovin it. I put my seidio crystal case on and screen protector and all is good with that. Excellent fit and gives a cool almost chrome looking shine. Heres my issue. When I go to put the phone into the Seidio holster it goes into standby mode. I want to use the phone when its in the holster so I need to know if there is a way around this in the setting somewhere? I also noticed caller ID doesnt work either so this wont fly with me. Thanks for the help

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 8800 holstering ?

I am guessing the case has the sleeper magnet in it that tells the BB its time to rest. Your only option might be to take out the magnet which will probably destroy the case.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Oh man, Say it aint so. I love this holster/case combo

seidioseidio no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by pearlsrock
    Oh man, Say it aint so. I love this holster/case combo
    There is a magnet under the pad (felt), remove the pad enough to reach the magnet and remove the magnet. Put the pad back after the magnet is removed, then you are set.

Many users have done this.

If there is any question, please let us know.

Seidio

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

Well it looks like the stacks is providing manufacturing support now. Sweetness.
    Last edited by Crewdawg257; 04-25-2007 at 02:39 PM.
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown

fbriceno97 Guest

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ way to go Seido!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

How to you intend to use the phone while holstered? You should be able to answer calls (I've done this in the past with all my BB's) just fine while holstered. I'm not entirely sure about initiating calls though...

How would you use caller ID while holstered anyway?

MediaMan no está en línea Stack level 1

Same here...not following the concern,,,,I have the 8800 holstered, set to 'vibrate+tone' on phone only, let is go to sleep, let it wake up on an incoming call, whip it out as needed...works like a charm....what's the issue??? Even works fine when left holstered and using Bluetooth in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    How to you intend to use the phone while holstered? You should be able to answer calls (I've done this in the past with all my BB's) just fine while holstered. I'm not entirely sure about initiating calls though...

How would you use caller ID while holstered anyway?

Its actually just a clip on type where the phone snaps in and out of the holster. Check Seidio.com and you will see what its design is. I can just grab the whole thing holster and phone and use it like that. And hats off to Seidio for the tip I pulled the felt back and now Im in buisness. Im not sure if I like the phone better or this case/holster combo.