Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Saturday I grabbed my jeans, got dressed and went downstairs. On my belt was the ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Publican no está en línea Stack level 1

8800 Holster Warning

Advertisement

Saturday I grabbed my jeans, got dressed and went downstairs. On my belt was the belt clip for my 8800 - no holster. After much panic & running around I found the holster & my BB in my carport next to my car.

Examining the setup closely, it is apparent that the clip is attached to the holster by 2 rivets with a base diameter of 1/8" or less. More importantly - the rivets are attached only to the leather of the holster - THERE IS NO SOLID BACKING BETWEEN THE RIVET BASES AND THE LEATHER. So - be cautious - if you bump a doorframe, or like I did, the car doorframe while exiting - say goodbye to your BB.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a suiable aftermarket holster with correctly located magnet so have a new RIM issue one. Here's hoping....

brentlyeve no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205CD002

Re: 8800 Holster Warning

Good information....I had this happen with my Nextel i860. I hit the doorframe with the clip and off came the phone right under the car. Luckily, this one is made like a tank and I don't care if it gets banged up, but I would be very upset if that happened to my 8800. I guess I'll have to be more careful.....Let us know if you or anyone else happens to find a better holster!

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ thanks for the info, I'll be sure to pay more attention especially when bump into things

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Publican
    Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a suiable aftermarket holster with correctly located magnet so have a new RIM issue one. Here's hoping....
    Have you checked with Seidio.com?

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

This has already happened to me. I now use the holster to prevent my change from scratching the phone until I purchase a new case.
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown

shariff no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks for the valuable info

Adrianp no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks for that info I have caught mine twice so far but luckily it is one piece still.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Interesting as I've had my 8800 since at&t first released it and haven't had a problem but I'll definitely keep an eye on it. Have you email bbsuggestions@rim.com to let them know?

capitalist no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FA5CD0

I've had no problems with the holster. But thanks for the head's up Publican

smomus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248B113c

I got my holster off Wirefly.com. It is manufactured very well!
    ~via BB
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

raphaelsamad no está en línea Stack level 2

I don't like things hanging on my belt as I tend to catch them when out and about. I also could not find a good position on my belt to put it where it would not catch on a car seatbelt. Anyway, my solution was to cut off the belt clip, glue the now loose bit of leather and I now have a case which can be carried in my pocket. Not sure if I will live with this long term but good enough for now. Thank you to Publican for the heads up which prompted me to actually do something about what has been annoying me for a few weeks.

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90

Haven't had any issues with my holster. Had it since the day before the launch and I've bumped into things with it.

We'll keep an eye out for it with happeing with our users though.
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.

cool-arrow no está en línea Stack level 1

Happned to me as well. I sat down at a resturaunt and when I was leaving I heared my phone ringing. I looked at my hip no BB, so I looked at the table where I was at. There lie my new 8800. I went back to the store that I bought it at and they said no problem. The guy at the shop had a new BB holster shipped to me for free. It is a shitty design and bound to break again.

sah3735418 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Re: 8800 Holster Warning

I had the same thing happen although it did not catch on the door, but simply came apart as I twisted to get into the car and the holster pressed against the door. Luckily I realised immediately and did not lose my BB. Basically this is a bit of major design flaw on an all together excellent device.

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Ey guys! How is it goin? I'm using a BB 8800 and got a SENA Case for it. And im enjoying it so far. Hope this helps the site is www.senacases.com Goodluck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast