Here's a new one for me. I have my 8800 set to turn off at ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Land Surveyor no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8800 froze?

Advertisement

Here's a new one for me. I have my 8800 set to turn off at midnight and turn itself on again at 4:30 AM. This morning I noticed that the display was lit when it usually turns itself off after 30 sec. if not used. I then noticed that the time was frozen at 4:30. Off switch didn't work. Couldn't get it to respond until I took out the battery and re-inserted it. Now everything seems back to normal.

Everything seems OK and I don't seem to have lost any data, but is this a common occurence?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: 8800 froze?

Quote Originally Posted by Land Surveyor
    Here's a new one for me. I have my 8800 set to turn off at midnight and turn itself on again at 4:30 AM. This morning I noticed that the display was lit when it usually turns itself off after 30 sec. if not used. I then noticed that the time was frozen at 4:30. Off switch didn't work. Couldn't get it to respond until I took out the battery and re-inserted it. Now everything seems back to normal.

Everything seems OK and I don't seem to have lost any data, but is this a common occurence?
    As far as i have heard no, not common on the 8800. What i would suggest is to back up your info to the pc and run the application loader to reload the OS on the device. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 08-31-2007 at 11:24 AM.