When two different friends of mine send me messages using BB Messenger or PIN messaging ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

PV
    PV no está en línea Stack level 1

8800 - Errors with BB Messenger & PIN Messages

Advertisement

When two different friends of mine send me messages using BB Messenger or PIN messaging (we're all on BES Servers). I can receive their messages, but when I respond to them, they get the error message "decryption failure, please regenerate key".

I have regenerated the key (even 3 times per previous posts on Pinstack), but nothing has worked. I actually have our IT guy looking into it and he doesn't know why either.

One of the other posts suggested deleting the CMIME file, but not knowing what that really does, it makes me a little uneasy.

Any experts out there know how to resolve this?

Also, on a side note, does BB Messenger and BB PIN messeges route via the BES server? Again, I'm on a BES server. I'd like to keep these messeges off the corporate server if possible (assuming I can get it to work).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Atomicmoose no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8800 - Errors with BB Messenger & PIN Messages

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    PIN messeges do not route via the BES. Did you try re-adding your friends via a PIN request as opposed to email?

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Have them check the IT policy on the BES they're are a couple of settings that deal with PIN messaging

PV

Yes I have tried adding them via a PIN request (and e-mail). Neither has worked, but thanks.

PV

....working with IT on the settings, but they're scrambling to get the new DST changes figured out. I guess nobody PINs at my company. Using Google Talk until we can sort it out. I love Google Talk, but it does drain the battery (more so than BB Messenger). Thanks.