Hey guys, my friends cousin just got the blackberry 8800 from cingular and was trying ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

trevdawg no está en línea Stack level 1

8800 error =( brand new phone too

Advertisement

Hey guys, my friends cousin just got the blackberry 8800 from cingular and was trying to load stuff on it, now when he boots it up it tells him "Uncaught Exception: Java.lang.ClasscastException" right as it boots up and it gets stuck and you are unable to move it from that error.

I was wondering if there is a program, or a way i can completely wipe the phone, When we try to use the desktop manager, backup and restore are both grayed out and un-clickable.

Anyhelp at all would help soo much!

Thanks!

Trevor

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 8800 error =( brand new phone too

Download and Install Desktop Manager 4.2 SP2 (I suggest a version without Media Manager) from here.

Find your provider's download page here, and download and install the latest OS for the 8800 they have.

Now, try running Desktop Manager and uninstall any non OS applications and themes you installed. That type of error is usually caused by a wayward app or theme. If that doesn't fix the problem....

Download and Install JL_Cmder here. This utility will allow you to completely wipe the OS and data from the BlackBerry (use the Wipe command). Then when you run Desktop Manager it should automatically offer to reinstall the OS. If it doesn't, just run the Application Loader. Make sure you check the boxes for all the features you need (and uncheck the ones you don't!).

Good luck.
    JerryD

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16

Re: 8800 error =( brand new phone too

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Trevor,

Updating the service packs as described above typically resolve BB issues. It has worked for me with my past two phones.