Hey Everyone, after being an avid reader of Pinstack, I have my first question. After ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

ajsaj no está en línea Stack level 1

8800 Email Disappeared after battery pull

Advertisement

Hey Everyone, after being an avid reader of Pinstack, I have my first question. After completing a battery pull on my 8800 all of my email disappeared except for today's email. I have my email pushed from gmail and had days worth of email on my blackberry for my upcoming trip (rental car confirmation, etc.). How can I get my email back on to my bb?? And how can I be sure this won't happen again? This is very frustrating!

Thanks!

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d

Re: 8800 Email Disappeared after battery pull

Hi ajsaj -

Glad you've made your first post, but sorry that it's because you're having trouble!

A couple questions:

1.) Have you double checked to be sure you're viewing all folders? It may sound silly, but sometimes that's the problem. From the Messge screen, go to options and then "view folder"

2.) If you're having them pushed from your Gmail account, how about forwarding the messages back to yourself through your Gmail account.

3.) What do you have your "Keep Messages" set for? (under message options, general)

I'm a BES admin so I have to admit my knowledge on the BIS side of things isn't really that great, but I'm pretty sure if they're still in your box on Gmail it'd be easiest just to forward them to yourself again to get them.

Sorry I can't be of a little more assistance there, but hopefully someone with a bit more BIS experience will come along with a fix. A quick scan of the forums didn't pull up much of a solution.